Monday, July 2, 2018

Different Ways of Thinking (week 88)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FAMILIA!!!! ¿Que Mas? Espero que esten muy bien.

This week was good....kinda hard during some parts buuuuuut it was good!!! It alll kind of went down when we went to district meeting on Tuesday and Elder Allphin passed his sharpest saw about how the district needed to find new investigators....and he basically set a district goal for 10 new investigators in every area. Needless to say we spent basically our entire weeks studying our 2 area books (because you know I am working two areas) finding people that we felt we be good to get in contact with. Not gonna lie it was kinda stressful......but we were able to meet some very interesting people.....and who knows maybe some of them will progress, we will see!!!

We found one girl that lives in the same apartment complex as K, her name is J and she is really chill but her 15 year old neighbor decided to join us on our "how to begin teaching" lesson, and she totally wanted to bible bash us hahahaha!!! She had a lot of interesting ideas......but we will be back on Tuesday all ready to teach the restoration.......I'm stoked!!!

We went back to that one reference family that Hermana Jessica Salazaar gave us....but the dad was really honest about reading the Book of Mormon in a "critical way" and yeeeeeeeah that's exactly why he wasn't progressing. We were very clear that he needed to read with real intent REALLY WANTING TO KNOW if these things are true...the next time that we went he told us about how he felt that he had researched things enough!!! Makes me sad, but everybody has their own agency!!!!

Hermana Sandra (my pensionista) and I have been having a lot of deep conversations lately. She always has me draw pictures of random things and then reads my mind based on how I drew.....I think it's radical!!! She taught me a really big lesson this week, we have been given such a big gift....THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST!! And when we don't offer the same love to other people that he gave us (by forgiving them) it's a lot harder for us......we don't progress as fast as we could because we aren't thinking about how our Savior would treat other people!!! And I'll be honest that's something that I could work on....IT'S SOMETHING THAT I AM GOING TO WORK ON!!! Other people deserve to feel the love that our Savior has for us.....through us.

We were also teaching a less active member this week and I liked something that he said "the most important prayer that we could have is in our hearts" annnnd yeah!!! I agree....it's one thing to kneel down and pray and tell Heavenly Father how much you love him......buuut it's whole other ball game when we are CONSTANTLY thinking about him.......when we are using our faith and our agency to show him how much we love him.....how much we NEED him!!! Just something I have been thinking about lately.

My companion has taught a lot this last little bit too, I wouldn't say that we are the perfect companionship.....sometimes we get into little disagreements but the difference is that we both always go back to forgiving each other and working hard.........and I like that!! 

JOSE IS LEAVING FOR MEXICO......I'm kinda sad about it!!! Buuut Hermana Lidia made sure that I would be able to see him before he left and she made us lunch this week!!!! He's gonna kill it!!! She invited us to his farewell party Saturday so I will be asking permission this week to go (FINGERS CROSSED) I'm so proud of him!! He's so ready and hes gonna kiillllllllllllllllllll the mission!!!

BUUUUT yeah family that's about all that I have!! I hope that you are all doing well.....I am thinking about you guys a lot and hope you are well!!!

CON AMOR,


ELDER OLSEN



 Making dedos de queso with the Salazaar family



My comp and I with Manchas 



 Me and my comp always steal each others cameras and take good looking selfies hahaha










 This is what a typical "after a long day" night looks like hahaha




 Eating lunch (soy guapo)






 Don't ask hahahah




Not sure what it is about Pasto but I always just wanna take ten trillion photos of the city here!!!










 Little adopted brother is leaving for mexico next week 😭 




 So proud of him!!!!




Look at my dorky district leader!!! Mucho Elder Allphin!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment