Monday, January 29, 2018

HARD TRANSFERS = TONS OF GROWTH (week 66)

HEEEEEEEY FAM!!!! What's new?

Anyways I am currently reporting LIVE from Cali!! I had to come on a fun field trip here because I will be training a brand new missionary. I have know idea who he is or anything about this child, but it should be a good time!!! Right now I am just chilling with Elder Garner (remember my LZ Elder Garner I had when Elder Mcdermott left......yeah, him) and his Companion Elder Aroca!! It was a chill day.....because Elder Perez is gonna be working in Cali we were able to ride up here together......buuut I have no idea how I lived here for 6 months!! I walked off that bus and I was just like "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!" It SO HOT and SO HUMID and uggggggh. Today Elder Aroca and Elder Edwards and I literally sat around in a circle with a rotating sun just circling around us......soooo I guess we can say its not Popayan!!

When we got to the terminal here in Cali guess who I saw? ELDER COOOOOOOOORBETTTTT!!!! He is seriously the best. He was like "ELDEEER OLLLLLSEEEEN HOW IS OCCIDENTE? HOW WAS YOUR TRANSFER WITH ELDER PEREZ? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" I told him that I am gonna stay in Occidente training and he was like "WELL WOULDYA LOOK AT THAT!" Hahahah Elder Corbett is the best. I am also super stoked for this transfer because we got 2 brand new LZ in Popayan......Elder Stucki and (INSERT SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER LONG DRUM ROLL HERE) ELDER CHACON!!!!! I am sooooo stoked to be working with them, it's gonna be sooo awesome!!! Elder Smith left for Pasto so that blows but I know that he is gonna KILLLLL it over there!!!

Okay, okay, okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay now that I am done ranting about my transfers went I wanna talk about my week......not gonna lie it was super difficult but SUPER CHEVERE!!! And I was able to learn a lot!!! As a district leader it is my job to interview all the baptismal interview candidates annnnnddd it is SCARY and it is HARD!!!! But there is just something about new converts.....the testimony that they have and the ability that they have to just SHARE IT!!! It was a stressful week because I really didn't spend as much time with my investigators as I would like but I learned a ton from those investigators from other areas. The challenges that they have and how they look past all that with firmness in Christ!!! 

It was even more incredible when we had our combined Occidente/Americas Baptism!!! Everybody in my district except for me was able to baptize this transfer.....I am so proud of all of them!!!! It was such a good baptism, we had a pretty good number that came too!!! While everybody that was baptized was changing we showed a video of "I know that my redeemer lives" and it was just POOOOOOOOOOOOOOWERFUL!!!!! Baptisms are the bestest.....I love seeing those changes in people.

Elder Perez and I were doing really well......we were so sure that he was gonna stay in Popayan and that I would be the one to leave PAILAS PUES!!!! His last week he finally got the motivation out of nowhere to really start learning the English Grammar and he was improving SOOO DAAANG FAAAAAST!!! He is going to be serving with another gringo here in Cali so hopefully he can keep it up......THAT CHILD HAS SOOOO MUCH POTENTIAL!!!!

FUN STORY TIME!!! OUR LAST DISTRICT MEETING WENT INSANE!!! Basically my Zone Leader Elder Gatica was dying so being a bomb district leader of course I bought Colombiana soda to share with everyone and Elder Soriano bought cake buuuuuut it didn't take long for Elder Gatica to put cake in our faces. Then Elder Echevarria splashed an egg on him.....before we knew it there was soda, egg and cake ALLLLLLL OVER the chapel hahahahah it was full on war!!! Then we all settled down to clean it up annnnnd of course those elders got soap water EVERYWHERE!!! LITERALLY THROWING IT AT EACH OTHER HITTING THE CEILING ANNNNND EVERYTHING!!! I guess we could say I had a fun district!

Our area is still going really well.....our investigator is still learning, slowly buuuuut surely with him!!! He was thinking our Branch President was the prophet so we taught him church organization this week....buuuuut I am not sure. I am thinking we need to go and teach it again hahaha he is doing really well in his church attendance though which makes me happy!!!

We also have this other investigator that has been coming to church......buuuuuut it's complicated with him because his girlfriend is a member and they have the cutest little girl!! He told us that he really wants to change to be with her.....but she doesn't want anything to do with him. Teaching him will be hard but it could totally help both of them out sooooooooo we will see!!!

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS!!!!! Like 2 weeks ago we finally got a new pensionista.....her name is Katherine and she is soooo rad!!! Basically her and her husband are newlyweds and they are both young returned missionaries. They will literally just chill and talk and help us with all our missionary problems and they cook BOMB FOOD!!!! Hermana Katherine served in Mexico and she made us some DANK enchiladas!!! Hermano David served in Argentina.....he really wants to make us some Argentine food soooo we will see!!! They love to share mission stories and give us advice annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd come with us on our appointments IT'S THE BEST!!!!!! Elder Perez was so sad to leave our pensionista hahahahahahaahha

Soooo yeah this transfer was hard buuuuuuuuuut I grew sooooo dang much!!!! I am always grateful for the people and experiences that Heavenly Father puts in my path.....and now I have a whole other transfer to learn and grow and become more like my Heavenly Father! And even better I get to help other people do the same!!! Sooo here we go I guess hahaahaha

LOVE YOU DORKS!!
ELDER OLSEN

P.S Sorry there is no pictures I don't have my adapter here with me in Cali but, next week!!

Edit from 02/05/2018: Garrett was able to send us pictures from last week when he didn't have his adapter, so here they are!

 Elder Perez giving Elder Gardner a head massage and a back rub at the same time



 YAAAAY BAPTISMS!!!



 Con Elder Perezito






 The party we had after the baptisms!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment