Monday, February 5, 2018

Getting Back on the Path!!! (week 67)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAAAAAMBAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!! WHATTTTTT'S CRACKING!?!

This week was super chill buuuuut super difficult....always works out like that right? Hahaha my field trip was soooo good!! I have the DANKEST story from Cali!!! (It really bothers me that he used the word dank. I'm only leaving it in there so one day he will see it and be super embarrassed about it and it will be hilarious!) You guys are never gonna believe it!!! Anyways so I was in a sweet nice rich part of Cali where the offices are......like super far away from where I started my mission.....and I was walking just chilling. Elder Garner and Elder Aroca were up front and Elder Edwards and I were just chilling in the back when I start hearing "GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGO" and my first thought was "shoot I'm only here for 2 days and imma be robbed!!!" All of the sudden someone had their arms around me.....TURNS OUT IT WAS PASCUAL REYES!!!! ANNNNNNND I FREEEEEAKKKKED OUT!!! I was like "PASSSCUAL HOW ARE YOU?!" Hahahah it was so funny Elder Garner was so confused. I asked him how he has been and he is doing well!! He told me that he has been asking all of the members in Ciudad Modelo about Elder ChaiƱa and I asking where we were and stuff like that!!! So yeah I told him to go to church and to write me! So that was chill! 

I picked up my hijo!!! His name is Elder Ancalle and he is from La Paz Boliva!!! He seems pretty chill, he is very excited to learn and to get out there and do things right!!! He asks me lots and lots and lots of questions soooo it's good!!! It's hard having to explain everything....I thought this would be easy buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut nope!!! I am sure it will be rewarding though.

The zone has changed so much and I LOOOOOVE IT!!! Did I tell you guys that Elder Chacon came back to Popayan? And that he is my LZ!!!!! I AM SOOOO FREAKING STOKED IT IS GOING TO BE SOOO RAD!!!! Elder Smith left but I actually have a really chill gringo crew!!! Elder Pulver is from North Ogden and has 4 months in his mission, Elder Kelley is from Spokane Washington and has 4 months in his mission, Elder Chavez is from South Carolina and is just starting. Transfers are always fun because there is always so many new people to get to know....I am very excited it should be a really fun transfer!!

We are working really hard with our investigator!!! We were able to finally give him another baptism date for the 24th of febuary......WE ARE GONNA HAVE TO WORK OUR BUTTS OFF TO GET HIM READY THOUGH!!! He's learning and he has all the desires to learn buuuuuuuuuut he learns slowly. I know we got this....the last time we visited him he talked about how his cousin (who we also teach) has been taking some weird drug and had an vision that god visited him or something like that......he just always has weird questions and stories and I don't think that made a good "first day in the mission" impression on my companion. Its been hard for companion because Colombia is a whole different world and he's not used to it!!! But I know that our investigator will progress because he WANTS to progress. I think that has been my favorite part of the mission watching people with all these problems little by little make changes in their lives and come closer to Christ.......it's pretty dank (ugh that word!!) actually and I am lucky enough to watch it happen all the time!!!

We had another experience BIEN CHEVERE with a family we've been teaching!!! Basically Hermano has been acting so weird lately like not wanting to go to church telling us he got baptized just to get baptized juuuuuust weird!!! Buuuut i know him and he's not like that. It was hard cause we had a lesson that was a little uncomfortable and John totally wanted to stop visiting him buuuut I was like "nope......I have the faith!!!" So we went and visited them again and we totally FOUND HIS NEEDS!!! Basically they switched from Recuerdo Norte to Occidente and Recuerdo Norte is a branch that is a lot more enthusiastic and more excited, like somebody new could walk in and its just like "HI HI HI WHAT'S YOUR NAME HOW ARE YOU" and Occidente just isn't like that........so yeah I think that we are gonna work on getting him some good fellowship and helping them out.....I have the faith, IT WILL WORK OUT!!!!

I don't know..I just have had lots of experiences lately that just scream "TENGA FE AND DON'T GIVE UP ON ANYBODY!" That's the great thing about the gospel, we all have different paths but what really matters is the DESTINATION!!! I haven't had a trillion baptisms in the mission, but I do feel like i have helped a lot of less actives and that's always so rewarding....it makes me happy :)

Anyways fam!!! Hope all is well, I love you all so much and I am always praying for you!!!

LOOOOOOVE YOU TONZO


ELDER OLSEN


With My child, Elder Ancalle!



The New Popayan Zone....there were a TON of changes!








No comments:

Post a Comment