Monday, February 12, 2018

Learning Opportunities (week 68)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAAAAAAAM!!!! This week was super hard....but that is the usual I guess.

My comp is struggling a little bit. This week we were planning and out of nowhere he just started to cry....and I just sat there like"whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat happened?" Turns out his camera deleted all of his photos and he had the last pictures that he took with his mom on there and his mom has cancer...he really just got worried that THAT WOULD BE THE LAST PHOTO he had taken with his mom. I feel bad for the kid!! It's also hard on me because he lets everything get him down!!!

Not only that but he struggles because he doesn't know how the mission is....he gets upset because we don't have ten trillion new investigators every week, and he struggles because contacting doesn't always bring a lot of results. It's just hard because I feel like we aren't putting in our part and I am not teaching him everything that he needs to know......BUT WE ARE!!!! AND I AM TRYING MY BEST!!!!! But he will go and tell people that we really don't have a lot of investigators and stuff like that.

I don't know its been a real big challenge for me.....but I just need to go forward and help him by being a Christlike example, by helping our investigators and members as well and just doing our best. We just need to do our best and things will work out!!!

One of our investigators didn't come to church so PAILAS with his fecha :( he's such a good kid but he learns so slow. So i'm thinking we need to try a visual approach with like pictures and drawing, I don't know something like that.

BUUUUUT we were able to give our other investigator a fecha, which was difficult.....first we had to make sure those two were living the law of chastity and now we had to WORK HARD to teach him all of the lessons before his date (24th) because he has to get baptized before March because he wants to the perpetual education fund for education but that's the deadline. So yeah that should be fun hopefully it all works out!!!

Sooooooo yeah I have been working my butt off and it has been hard but these challenges are sooo good for me!!! and they are so good for Elder Ancalle. I never learned how to contact during my training and we never had a ton of investigators and yeeeeah that made things harder later on in my mission. Elder Ancalle will not have that problem once he gets things figured out!!! I am grateful for these hard opportunities, and for these chances to learn from being a leader. It's tough but it just passes the chainsaw right to you and helps you learn!!! And I am grateful for that. I hope that we can all take advantage of all the learning opportunities that our Heavenly Father gives us!!!!!

Anyways, love you all TONZO!!!! I hope that you all doing well......siempre estoy orando para ustedes!!! Les quiero mucho :)

Your fav,
ELDER OLSEN!!!!


 Only in Colombia



 Some of the drawings I have been doing in my PMG






Next is a handwritten letter Garrett sent so I thought I would type if up and post it here!
BOOK CLUB: in what way is the Book Of Mormon another testament of Jesus Christ?

Hey fam! So I was able to finish the 1st page of my coloring book (it looks way better in person) and while it was fun to color and de-stress, I actually enjoyed thinking and pondering about what I was coloring. Every page has a question and the question for this page was "in what way is the BOM another testament of Jesus Christ?" I thought about it a lot and I decided to write some thoughts. 

The Book of Mormon is ancient scripture similar to the Bible. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we believe both the Bible and the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. The Book of Mormon was written by ancient prophets here in the American continent and contains many stories and information that the Bible does not. We can learn more about the Book of Mormon when we read the Bible, and more about the Bible when we read the Book of Mormon. 

After the death of Jesus Christ and of his apostles, the people could no longer receive revelation from a prophet with the needed authority of God (or sacerdocio). The people had the Bible but without this special revelation it was easy to interpret the Bible in a bunch of different ways. As people started to interpret the Bible, the church of Jesus Christ was lost as people started to establish their own churches. It was also during this time that several different changes and translations were made to the Bible...taking away important truths and doctrine. The BOM was necessary to help us interpret truth and find even more information. 

Joseph Smith was truly a prophet of God, he was ordinary. He literally had a third grade education, buuut he was able to translate the gold plates written in a language that no one speaks anymore...how? Because he had the power of God. No ordinary person could translate the BOM. No ordinary person could even write the BOM, not without the power of God. As we read the BOM we can see it's from God because as we read, ponder, and pray the BOM can answer questions of "the soul". We can learn about the importance of being faithful from Nephi (1 Nephi 3:7). Enos teaches the importance of prayer (Enos 4-8), it even teaches harder questions (if we're willing to ponder), like how family can be stronger (Mosiah 2), how we can avoid sin (Helaman 5), and who specifically needs to be baptized (Moroni 8)). As we read with faith and real intent we will receive answers to the hard questions "line by line, precept by precept...here a little and there a little" until we know what we need to do!

The BOM is another testament of Jesus Christ because it testifies of him, his purpose, and of his mission. I KNOW that as we read it with real intent and with faith, prayerfully seeking his will, we will find it. 

The BOM is another testament of Jesus Christ because it proves that God sent prophets all over the world...why? Because we are his children and he loves us. 

I could go on and on an onnnn but I think I have made my point. The Book of Mormon is RAD! And it is proof that God loves us :D  

CHALLENGE! Write in your challenge notebooks why the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ in your own thoughts and words.  





No comments:

Post a Comment