Monday, January 1, 2018

NEWWWW YEEEEEEARSSSSS (week 62)

HEEEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!! I hope everybody is as excited as I am to be starting a new year with a clean slate!!! 2018 is gonna be the beeeeeeeeeest!!! Some of my goals for the year are 1.) study the scriptures better 2.) forget English and 3.) come home and get my butt in school and relearn English.......all in all it should be a good year :) (News flash for Garrett...he has totally already forgotten English. I have to edit his spelling so much haha! He has never been bad at spelling so trust me, he has forgotten. In his defense he says that the keyboards there are hard to work with. But still...during our Christmas call he was having the hardest time speaking in English, it was hilarious!)

This week we had the new years conference and it was super chill, we basically talked about how we need to let past experiences behind and only LOOK AHEAD towards the future. It was really something I needed to hear, just because there are some things that I JUST NEED TO LET GOOOOOOO!!!! We also talked about how we are FULL TIME missionaries....it's something Presidente and Hermana have talked about a lot lately. We had practices about how we can contact people using the holidays and stuff to our advantage.....easier practiced than done haahahahaha!!! I was also able to talk to President alone real quick and leave my hearing aid with him......AGAIN!!!! Makes me so mad!!! But another really cool thing that happened during zone conference is that they announced some changes to the mission rules and WE CAN DRINK COKE!!!! GAAAAAAAALDSHLFHSDLFHLDFHLSDFHLSDAFH BESSST CHANGE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!!!!!

New years was tricky.....basically Elder Carrion and Elder Lopez didn't pay their bills so they lost power and had to come sleep with us....which was haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!!! Having more missionaries with us on a holiday just makes it sooooo much harder.....but I woke up to hearing DIEZ......NUEVE......OCHO!! And then it hit zero and I just heard "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and then Elder Perez came up to my bed.....gave me a hug and said "feliz año hasta mañana" soooo yeah I guess we could say it was fun hahahahaha

I have had lots of interesting experiences with my companion lately.....he says weird stuff in his sleep all the time and I make fun of him for it hahaha and the other day he was studying in Jesus the Christ and he turned to me and asked "Elder Olsen it says right here Jesus was circumcised.....what does that mean?" thaaaaat was a fun conversation to have bajajajajajaja!!!! 

We have actually find some really cool investigators going through our area book and contacting on the street.....so hopefully we can get some progress so we can help them :)
With all the new years stuff I just keep thinking about goals and goals and goals and my plans. It's good for me but I think too far ahead sometimes. But I would encourage you all to do the same....make some plans about how you can become MORE CHRISTLIKE this year. If we aren't constantly giving ourselves pressure to do better......well, PAILAS we wont do better hahahahaahah

I love you all soooo much!! Hope you are all having a good time, and your safe, and happy, and doing well!!

Elder Olsen

P.S President and Hermana Whitesides made this gift to give to you all.....hope you enjoy it :) 




 Some photos of where we had new years conference











In the treehouse with Elder Echevarria



 Views from the top






 ELDER PEREZ!!!




 ELDER SMITH!!!




 Some more photos of this place







 A random flower




 PRESIDENT WHITESIDES!!!!




 Mission Jeopardy




Whose district won Mission jeopardy? MY DISTRICT WON MISSION JEOPARDY!



 This place was called the amaranta




Rule changes and salchipapas make me FEEEEELIZ!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment