Monday, May 1, 2017

Find the Good (week 27)

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO....whaaaat a weeeek!!!

Sooooo much went down this week....for starters we have two baptism dates, they are some old investigators and they are a sweet old couple. She owns a sewing business so that's fun. She always has notes and stuff written down in her pamphlets sooo that is always fun.....love good investigators!! We have this member in our ward named Hermano Salazar and he is extremely dedicated to helping us and will literally spend 7 hours at a time with us, driving us everywhere we need to go....he has an ANCIENT Nissan Bluebird and we always have to push it to get it started hahahahaha! This one time Elder Flores fell and literally landed on his face hahahah it was greeeeeat. We have also found a few less active members so we will be working with them and hopefully getting them to church. The Nuñez family is still struggling....the daughters piercings got SUPER INFECTED so she only has holes now. We have not visited them as often as we usually do, but the few times we have the dad is always asking us for advice.......it kinda weirds me out because his daughter is only two years younger than me xD

Elder Flores and I got into some pretty good fights this week....one of them ended up with me calling Elder Garner....I am struggling a ton but things are slowly getting better. I have a lot of faith though that it will all work out in the end. My Spanish is still struggling a lot...I have lots of work to do, Elder Flores wants me to start using my personal time writing out the lessons in Spanish and then using my language study time speaking what I write and making any necessary corrections......its worth a shot so I guess I will be trying that.

Today was fun....we went as a district with Alejandro (a member in our area) and the pensionista in Morichal to some random park in the other side of the city....that was fun...and we walked to McDonalds. On the one some girl that was like my age ran up to us and was like "I am from Utah so can I get a picture with all of you?" Hahahah she was from salt lake and she was saying her mom was gonna freak out...then me and Elder Eldredge got our McDonalds and took it to KFC so everyone else could eat there.....it was good. Me and Elder Eldredge talked a lot today!!! It's fun to share experiences with him.

Buuuuuut yeah it was a good week....it had its ups and downs but every week does. I guess that is my challenge...find the good!!! We are not here to be unhappy and work and pay bills......our lives are so much more than that!!! When we realize our purpose it all comes into place and works out much better....I promise!!

Also siblings I talked to mom and I will be skyping the 14th at 6 pm (my time), sooooo yeah you should all come to that :) 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU,
ELDER OLSEN





This is some random park we went to today...with a giant statue!





View's of Cali from the park!


Where I live looks nothing like this...I just want to make that known. (He sent that after I told him it looks really pretty haha!)



















Looooook we found a Book of Mormon in this bookstore!!! (Yes, that is a spray painted wall hahaha)







Mcdonalds with Elder Eldredge









No comments:

Post a Comment