Monday, May 15, 2017

Easily Forget the Bad (week 29)

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek......this transfer has gone by sooo fast, it is crazy for me to think that transfers are next week!!!

Skype was chill!!! Dane suggested that during Christmas that we take turns during Skype so everybody can actually get turns talking to me.....I am totally down for that because I felt a little bad  :( I am sorry...I love you all mucho!!! As for my safety DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT....the dude always hangs out in a certain place....it's not really a big deal, only one more week!! (Garrett informed us while we were on Skype that he is for sure being transferred due to a scary situation. Also he is going to a less humid area so that his hearing aid will possibly work better for him.)

This week was not really exciting.....we have been visiting mostly members and recent converts lately because ALLLLLLL of our progressing investigators live in red areas and we need members to come with us....and members have lives and can't always come :( We had appointments and members all ready to come visit Virginia and Reinaldo with us....buuuuuuut Virginia was sick and in the hospital allllll weeeeeeek which blows :( They were not able to make it to church yesterday either so we have to push back their dates all over again. Ugggggh it's frustrating.

Hermana Gloria did not wanna cook for us one day so we ordered Chinese food and I am suuuuuper happy to announce that Valle Grande Chinese food is muuuuuch better than Ciudad Modelo Chinese food hahahahah

As a ward we were able to do some service this week. A nice lady in our ward needed her roof cleaned so the bishop took it off and we SCRRRRRRUUUUBED those roof tiles.....I wish I would have gotten pictures of that because they were soooo gross. They had all kinds of brown all over them and had weird grass weeds things growing on them too.....so we had to scrape them first and theeeeeen scrub them. All the girls (and Elder Chicaiza) were busy making SanCocho (it's a really good soup that my pensionista makes all the time) but me and Elder Flores left before that got done....I am obedient so I would not have ate it anyways.

Today we celebrated Elder Ramirezs birthday in Morichal.....Hermana Camaron made us a buuuuuuunch of meat!! We had steak, chicken and ribs with potatoes and Yucca and she even bought us all Coke!! (SHOUT OUT GOES TO ANY MEMEBR THAT BUYS US COKE!) Elder Eldredge and I ranted the whole time about the CCM, mission memories, how Skype went, our companions, etc!! I love Elder Eldredge...I am lucky he is here with me. After that we went with Elder Eldredge and Elder Chicaiza grocery shopping........Elder Chicaiza told Elder Eldredge that he was wasting his time because Elder Chicaiza didn't wanna go grocery shopping......rolling my eyes!! It was a good time I bought Mountain Dew, and a bunch of candy, and some Sensodyne toothpaste.....isn't that the greatest combo.....I just think that is the greatest combo.

I am learning to be happy in hard situations.....I think I needed this transfer specifically for that, I can see sooo much growth in myself sometimes!!! I am grateful for the mission for that.....even if it's rough sometimes, things always work out....if they don't it's not the end and you still have time. It's gonna be another easy challenge this week, write about something that makes you happy, like a full page just about Diet Coke and Hot Cheetos and your love for them! As we focus on the good we can easily forget the bad.....I promise :)

LOVE YOU TONZO,
ELDER OLSEN



 Look at these bomb papas I made!






Elder Gatica cookin'


Elder Gatica stiiiiiillllll cookin' with Elder Guiterrez






Look at allllll that meat!




FOOOOD







Look at allllll that food I got



Mucho Eldredge :)




This is a Colombian curb (I get bored sometimes okay)



This is the street that Hermana Camaron lives on (she's the Morichal pensionista)




No comments:

Post a Comment