Tuesday, May 23, 2017

So I did not die..........again!!!! (week 30)

HEYYYYY YOU GUYYYYSSSS!!!
I have been given permission to write a quick email telling you guys about my transfer.

Soooo yeah, yesterday I could not write because I was on a bus......all day long. But I actually really enjoyed it, Colombian Mountains are soooo sick. Everybody else was like "but what if we fall," and I waaaas just like "THIS ISSSSS SOOOOO FREAKING RAAAAD!!" There are so many cliffs of just green palm trees and plants.....and we were so high up, like we were in the clouds it was sooo cool!!

I got transferred to PASTO!!! I told President that I wanted to be in Popayan or Pasto to see if my ears and my hearing aid do better here....we will see. (Dad my hearing aid wax guard part number is 52961-000.)  Everybody says that it;s cold here...and eeeeeh that's kinda true. I was shivering last night just because I was soooo used to 80 degree weather everyday, but it's really not cold.....it's like Utah spring weather....warm in the sun....cold in the shade, I like it!!

My companion is named Elder Galvez from Mexico. He only has one more transfer than me, but he seems like he is on top of it......but we will see, praying that hes a good one!! But we are both new to the area sooooo we get to do that whole fun thing of figuring EVERYTHING out.....it should be fun though.

My apartment used to be the apartment of the Hermanas sooooooo we got spoiled! IT'S GIANT AND NICE ANDDDD UGGGGGGH......we are in some great views!! There are mountains EVERYWHERE...and they are super green and it's awesome!! The sisters didn't pay the bills though, so this morning our water got cut and we had to call the zone leaders so they could come get the bill to pay it hahhahahahahah. My neighborhood does not look like Colombia.....like I feel like I am in San Francisco all over again....I will send pictures next week.

I am also planning on writing a letter about my last week in Valle Grande with the 10 trillion pictures that I took so that should be fun.

Sooooo yeah I did not die and all is good in the hood!!!
LOVE YOU TONZOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment