Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day Skype

We had our first Mother's Day Skype with Elder Olsen today!! I'll give you some fun facts about our call:

-Garrett bore his testimony in Spanish and we all thought his Spanish sounded great! (Though none of us speak Spanish so what do we know...) I don't know why he says he is so bad! His testimony was awesome.
-Our internet died halfway through the call so we missed about five-ten minutes of talking time.
-Garrett was shaking for a couple minutes and we finally asked him what was wrong and he told us he had to pee. So we missed another five minutes of talking time because he had to run and find a bathroom. 
-Garrett says he is being transferred next week because of some scary situations. He wouldn't tell us very much about those situations, so our poor dear mother is currently freaking out a bit. 
-My mom sent him a package LAST WEEK and he already got it! That never happens!
-He was forgetting English words the whole time! The only one I can remember right now that he forgot is the word dryer. He said "you know those machines that dry your clothes....what's the word?" Hahaha so that was pretty funny! 
-He kept accidentally speaking Spanish and then looked really confused when none of us answered him. 
-His headphones weren't working really well so he had a really hard time hearing us the whole time. 
-In the middle of the call some Colombian guy started yelling for some reason and distracted/confused Garrett for a while!
-He sounded pretty bummed that he won't be here to meet his niece when she is born. (Side story: the night before he left Garrett and I had a sleepover and I said "what if I get pregnant while you're gone? Are you going to be sad?" (Little did I know I would find out the day after he left that I am pregnant!) He replied "No, the baby won't even be doing anything cool by the time I get home!" So I reminded him that my baby won't be doing anything cool!)
-He loves the juice a lot! And a few fruits but I forgot their names...

All in all Elder Olsen sounds great!! Two phone calls down, and two to go!























No comments:

Post a Comment