Monday, April 24, 2017

Temporary Problems (week 26)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!!!  Lots of letters today!!! I wrote a bunch of the other missionaries annnnnd I actually got replies (was not expecting that). 

Everything is good......I guess. I am struggling my companion, he is sooo disobedient!! Like today we went to our normal internet place but they only had one computer (we are supposed  to only use one) but he wanted to chat with his family for 2 hours so he made us go to another internet place.....there are so many obedience issues here and I am not aboooooout ittttttttttt!!! I just want a comp that wants to work and wants to be there for me....where can I get one of those?  I also really wanna stop being junior comp because there is nothing I can do about it. If anyone has advice I would love to hear it.

We had the opportunity to hear from D. Todd Christofferson which was fun!! The entire mission was there soooo I got to chat with just about everyone!! INCLUDING Elder Reinhold...he gave me the biggest hug hahaha and was like "it was good to finally meet you!!" We didn't get to talk much, he left to go hang out with all the nortes in his group. They seem a lot closer than my group is!! But it was good, we learned how we can be better missionaries!! I got the general idea but I did not really understand much....I did not know that D. Todd Christofferson spoke Spanish buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut he dooooooooes!!!!

Other than that nothing much else happened!! We have been working with the Nuñez family a lot lately....basically long story short the 16 year old daughter is always with her boyfriend and went and got her dimples pierced without permission, and wants nothing to do with the church. It's a hard situation and because of that Hermano and Hermana Nuñez have been fighting a toooooon, even in front of us. And the 9 year old always translates sentences and tries to say them in English but lately he has been translating stuff like "my father has fought with my mother" I just sit there like "ohhhhhhh......uhhhm okay." It's a hard situation but we have been reading the BOM with them as a family every single night.

We also have another great member named Cecelia....she is awesome!! She always makes us juice (the gooooooooood juice) and chats with us about everything. She gave me the recipe to make Papa Agua Rajadas, soooooo imma do that tonight and I ammmmm waaaaaay stoked about it.

As a zone we played soccer today...so there is something exciting!!! Haha compared to just about everyone else I am soooooooo awful at soccer....I scored a goal today though so I am proud of myself.

I was also able to go to my audiologist this week to pick up my mold for my hears.....THEY ARE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN THE DOMES!! She also said that I only need to come back if I have issues with my hearing aid later on, which made me suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper happy as well.

I don't know, it just has not been my transfer..... I have been missing Ciudad Modelo A TONNNNNNN lately....I guess I was just used to it and I felt like I knew what I was doing. It's been a rough go here :/ I have faith that everything will work out the way that it needs to though....and that is this weeks challenge. In your challenge notebook write down a current problem. ...why are you worried about it, and basically all the details. Leave a space for you write down how well it worked out later on. I struggle with my companion, with my investigators, and a bunch of stuff but I know that they are temporary problems and that my Heavenly Father is always looking out for me.... that makes it better!!! 

I am sorry we are at a weird internet place and the computers are no bueno, sooo I cannot send my pictures :/ you will probs get ten trillion next week though so that is good!

love you all,
Elder Olsen

(Shout out to Angela (Elder Reinhold's mama) for the picture! So glad these boys could finally meet!!)


Edit from 05/01/2017: here are the pictures Garrett took last week and couldn't send!

Photos con Christofferson!






Elder Reinhold





Elder Mcdermott



My new mold


The Nuñezs family LDM tracker




No comments:

Post a Comment