Monday, April 10, 2017

The Prince of Peace (week 24)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAMILY!!!!

Before I begin I just wanna say HAPPY BIIIIIRFDAY OLD MAN!!! Ty you are getting old, like give it another 3 seconds and you are gonna be 30!!! 

(As Garrett's sister, and someone who knows him very well I just have to let you all in on something about our dear Elder. When two people have even a tiny difference in opinion he says it is a "huge fight" so when he keeps saying he's fighting with his companions, we're not sure if they're real fights or just differing opinions hahaha! We love him, but he is a tender soul who does not like any confrontation, AT ALL. Keep that in mind as you read about all the fighting happening in his life!)
Buuuuut yeah, longest week evvvvver!!! Elder Brizuela and I WERE NOT getting along at all this week, and Elder Garner and Elder Miranda were obviously very worried about us!! Basically during our companionship inventory Elder Brizuela told me that he is tired but not trunky...(what?) and that he did not want to work in Ciudad Modelo anymore. Then on Sunday we got into a big fight about how you pass the sacrament (no I am not joking) and had to have another companionship inventory. But Elder Brizuela was able to baptize one of the investigators of the sisters so that was fun, we actually had another funny experience with that. Elder Brizuela was getting ready in the bathroom and some dude from the stake was there to teach mission preparation. Well the dude broke the door knob off the door of the bathroom and just stuck it back it and opened the door and left....but when it was our turn to leave it broke again and we could not put it back together! Soooooo yeah, it's not everyday that you have to bang on a door and yell out the vent thing so you can get on with your baptism xD Luckily a kind sister finally opened the door after a while hahahahaahha. We also had our last zone meeting which was good and the zone leaders were asking us what our problem was and why our numbers were sucking, which was not fun!!! We also said bye to Elder Evans!! You guys will be meeting him soon because he will be taking my old hearing aid back home! (Aubrey I hope that answers your question.) (I asked Garrett why he captioned the picture of him and Elder Evans with "tell my parents hi" because I was confused! You can see the picture at the end of this post.) Do me a favor and buy him a Mountain Dew, because he loves that stuff!! So that was fun!!  We had lots of challenges, but it is all good now because WE BOTH GOT TRANSFERRED!!!

Yesterday we got the call and had to pack so that was fun!! I had some spritual experiences telling me that I would be staying......Well I guess I did not understand, I was semi right. I am still here in the Villa Colombia Zone I just switched areas!! I am not sure how I feel about it because I am currently serving in Valle Grande.....the most dangerous area in the mission (isnt that GREEEEAAAAAT!!!!) Every missionary has stories about this area, and I know that they are true because I have already had members confirm them to be true!!! This is the area Elder Chaina had a gun pointed to him......I don't know!! My companions name is Elder Flores,  he was here with Elder Thomas before this transfer, and I don't know. He does not talk much and that scares me, I am also only his 2nd Norte comp....Elder Thomas was the first and that is no bueno because Elder Thomas speaks really good Spanish and I do not.....it's gonna be a struggle!! But I am a little excited for two reasons, when we were leaving the bus terminal Elder Guiterrez (the one that I was in the CCM with) told me he is serving in Morichal.....my district!! And Elder Chicaiza who is serving in Valle Grande 2 has been with us all day because he is waiting for his companion to come from pasto.....ELDER ELDREDGE!!!! Yup, I have two friends in my district and one in my ward, soooo I am very excited about that!! It should be a good time. My apartment is also a ton nicer and there are some streets here that really are not streets,  they are like sidewalks and only motorcycles can drive on them.....we live on one of those!!! In Ciudad Modelo I lived on the busiest street and I could heeeeeeear everything!!! Buuuut yeah, it's my first transfer so I am feeling very anxious....I don't know.

My audiologist appointment was good!!! She wanted to try a mold instead of using domes (which I am soooo down for) so yeah she literally shoved this blue plastic up my ear and it HUUUUUUUUURT SOOOOOOO BAAAAD!! But yeah I have to go back and see how that works out after Holy Week!!

For Easter we are sharing the "Prince of Peace" video and handing out Prince of Peace cards!!! So that is this weeks challenge, go watch the video and think deeply about it. Write down some ways in your challenge notebook about how you better celebrate Easter.....it's not about bunnies and eggs!!! Be sure to put these ideas into ACTION!!!!

Also something you guys should know is that a rule has been changed!!! We are no longer allowed to chat back and forth with our friends and family because some of the other missionaries were not writing President and sending him their numbers....soooo ask all the questions that you have :) But I am sure the big emails will be tons better so look forward to that!!!

I love you guys sooooo much and I hope everything is going good for you guys!!! I worry about you guys alooooooooooooot, alot, alot hahahhahahahah!

Your Fav,
Elder Olsen



Look who I found dead in Ciudad Modelo



Last time as a zone



"Elder Thomas lets give our moms something to talk about....take a picture with me"







"Ciao Elder Evans......tell my parents I say hi!"



Mariellas baptism!!!



Last time as a district!!!!



Rosa....my pensionista in Ciudad Modelo

No comments:

Post a Comment