Monday, May 28, 2018

REY BENJAMIN (week 83)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMILY!!!!! HOW ARE ALL OF YOU........I hope you are all just doing dandy!!! 

This week was kinda crazy....as always!!! District meeting went as usual this whole week. Elder Allphin looked at our numbers and then went on a rant about how if we are obedient and doing what we need to be they will better.......so that's fun.

On Wednesday I went on divisions in Mariluz.....and it was the bestest!!!! I love that area sooooo dang much!!! I had a nice chat with Hermana Lidia......she was Elder Francos pensionista the last transfer and they have an interesting relationship hahahaha! We are also preparing my little brother to leave on his mission to Mexico!!! Soooo proud of Jose Manuel, he's gonna kill it!! I promised Lidia I would help him so I brought a pair of pants I never wore, some ties, a belt annnnnd wait for it, waaaait for it.....my old camera. I figured the only time I would use it again is if I get robbed.....Heavenly father has blessed me with a lot of resources so I must help others too!!

But the rest of divisions were super nice, I was able to see a bunch of people that I had taught, it's kinda weird but kinda super cool too!!! Elder Allphin is a beast too!!! He only has like 6 almost 7 months in his mission, but he is killing it big time!!! It was nice to learn from him.

Interviews this week were super good too!!! It's always good to sit down and just chat with President and Hermana Whitesides....they really are the best and always have the best advice even in the hardest of situations!!! Hermana Whitesides didn't only give me one package of welches fruit snacks......but I got three sooooo I guess I won!!! I was able to say Alma 26:22 almost perfectly. She asked what I like about the scripture and I was like "well this scripture is on my mission plaque sooo I really like that" hahahahahah buuut no it was super cool, we always analyze the scriptures that we learn like in a ton of depth so I always enjoy that.

K is doing great.......the last time I was there I watched him teach a dude from Russia English and it was the dankest thing ever......I want to get paid 25 bucks an hour just to ask somebody to repeat their vowels to me......que chevere seria!

We also have transfers this next Sunday.....so I will be waiting "patiently" for that.

I had a really sweet study session this week......I read the beginning of Mosiah, and King Benjamin is always my favorite. His teachings are just super dank and so appropriate for all my current situations soooo that's always helpful. (Apparently the word dank is just here to stay. If you've been following Garrett's blog you know I've tried to make it stop but unfortunately it looks like that isn't going to happen!) If you guys aren't doing what you should be and are not reading the Book of Mormon it's fine......my saw is currently waiting for you.

Anyways, love you guys!!! Hope you guys have a super chill week!!!

LOVE YOU
ELDER OLSEN


 My comp really likes cows i guess.....😂






Unpacking My Adjectives: Bachue
Heeey fam! Soo I am finally getting around to writing a handwritten letter about Bachue. It's very different from Mariluz but it's still super chill. 

La Casa:
Okay, we live in a super nice apartment complex in miditayo alto (the mountains...we live in the mountains). The apartment complex is super nice, it has two towers of thirteen floors, a nice soccer court, playground, and even its own convenience store. We live on the 12th floor of one of the towers and its cool, we have a great view! The architecture of these towers is super Colombian and uses skylights and windows to light all 13 floors...it's interesting. Our apartment is about the same size as any office apartment in the mission, but it's super modern and has a nice view. 

Roommates: 
Another big difference here is that four missionaries live here and we share our apartment with Elder Colorado and Elder Marquez. Elder Colorado is from Guayaquil and Elder Marquez is from Esmeralda. So all three of the people I live with are from Ecuador...which is hard. 

The Area:
Our area is huuuuge! So big! Our area consists of Barrios, Bachue, Caicedo Alto, Caicedo Bajo, Quito Lopez, Niza, Chapal, and it even goes farther into the other direction into Barrios like Caracha, Las Americas, Aire libre and so on. I don't even think I've been to half of my area because it's so big. The problem is that we live on the opposite side of the other area, so we have to walk a ton to make it on time, buuut it's all good. Just like Mariluz our area consists of a lot of mountain. We hike up and down all day long...I've said it before and I'll say it again, Grandpa Olsen has nothing on me!

The Pensionista:
Our pensionista is named Ruby and she is the wife of Bishop Quelal and she and her family are awesome! She cooks pretty good too...my favorite thing that she has made was sancocho de pascado. She has five kids and they are super cool. Her daughter Carolina and her son Nicolas eat with us everyday and we get into the most interesting conversations sometimes. It's a blast, I like it!

The Ward:
The ward is super cool! A lot of people are super cool! The weird thing about Bachue is that it's super close to Mariluz and everybody knows everybody and talks about everybody, so it's cool. 

FIN:
Sooo yeah, I don't really know what else to write haha but that's Bachue! I hope this was helpful for you guys to get to know my area better!
LOVE YOU!


 This is where all the action happens......my desk!



Our study room 



Study room and kitchen 



Kitchen 



Our closet room



Our bathroom 



 Our shower



Our room 



The view from our room (if you look in the top right corner you can see the old abandoned stadium....people race motocross up there) 



The view from the study room



 All the apartments from the hallway



And the skylight that lights them 


 The creepy hallways



Our front door 



And our building (on the left)




No comments:

Post a Comment