Monday, May 14, 2018

I Often Go Walking (week 81)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMILY!!!! I was planning on sending a bunch of photos and even a video for Mother's Day.....but ya gotta love viruses.

It was good to see you guys yesterday.....always kinda awkward but I still loved it. I miss you guys a lot!

This week was crazy.....we were able to go to Popayan for zone conference which was really cool, I am not in love with the 6 hour ride but it's still always a good time. I sat and chilled with Elder Smith and it was a good time!! The conference was pretty weird though.....I just kinda got the feeling that we need to love our companions and show Christlike love to everyone, buuuuuuut it was awkward cause my comp didn't really wanna sit with me.....but it's all good!!!

President and Hermana Whitesides announced a new infinitive that we will be doing as a mission it's "the world cup unites us for a month, but the gospel unites us for eternity." It's sooo sick they got cards printed with a whole bunch of flags of the world (I had a picture but I guess I will send a new one next week). Soooo it's super cool our mission is using soccer as a way to contact....it will be chill!!!

Buuuut the highlight of the zone conference is when Zona Pasto sat Hermana Whitesides down and we sang "I often go walking." We sang a verse in English then one in Spanish, and then in English and in Spanish.....and we totally made her cry!! It was awesome!! I had a video of it to send to you mommy :( I am sad about it......but if you find Elder Smith's mom on Facebook she should be able to send it to you!!!!

Other than that I have been doing the usual, contacting, teaching, eating top ramen on a demasiado basis!!! Just living the life of a missionary......I am struggling but I am also learning a ton too!!! Soooo it's all good!!!

Something interesting happened this week.....Hermana Clark sent me an email with a missionary that I previously served with from Brazil....Elder Costa!!! It's a small world!!!

Anyways sorry this email was short.....currently having to do a bunch of weird stuff with my SD card.....but imma send a handwritten letter next week!!!

LOVE YOU,
ELDER OLSEN


This is a picture from zone conference

No comments:

Post a Comment