Monday, May 21, 2018

An Update of Sorts (week 82)

HEY FAM!!!! HOW ARE ALL OF YOU? I HOPE YOU ARE ALL JUST DOING DANDY!!!!

This week was okay!!! We are not really making progress in our area buuuuut we are trying!! But something super sweet did happen this week!! I remember when I was in the CCM, President Duvall gave us a ton of crap about how we need to stop speaking English because "we weren't going to have a best 2 years experience" and teach gringos!! Well.....guess what? I HAVE A SUPER CHILL GRINGO INVESTIGATOR!!! His name is C....his wife is a member but they aren't married!! He's so cool though he was telling me all about how he grew up in California and how he didn't like it so he started traveling all over the place and he just kinda ended up in Colombia....pretty cool right? He works by teaching English over Skype and he has clients from all over the world....it's sooo radical!!! He looks like a latino but his daughter has the greenest eyes that I have ever seen....I am very excited to be teaching him!!!

We are also teaching a little 11 year old named G.....her mom is a member!! But she's a challenge because she hates her mom!!! We were talking to her about the plan of salvation and we asked her (in front of her mom) "do you love your mom" and she was like "I guess but I love my daddy more" (they are divorced.....well they were never married) so yeah we will have to see how we can help her!

We are also teaching F.......(I am pretty sure I have wrote about her) buuut yeah she kinda just broke down and bawled to us about her financial situation so that's hard but I am sure somebody in the ward can help her!!!

My studies are going okay.....it's just sometimes hard to study!! But I am still rolling, I am currently in Jacob and far in Jacob sooo I am happy. I have been studying a lot of Preach My Gospel lately too!! Jussst feels right.

Today we played soccer and we had a team of just gringos (cause you know, we actually wanted the ball hahaha) and we actually didn't too bad! I totally ran full speed and hit Elder Robinson and that took all the air outta me hahahaha buuut it was a good pday!

Anyways, thanks for all you guys do!! Keep doing what you need to be doing......me and my saw will be home shortly!

LOVE YOU,
ELDER OLSEN


This is our rad gringo soccer team (and Elder Hernandez) we killed it!!!
Buuuut yeah I'm lame and didn't take any other pictures this week :(

No comments:

Post a Comment