Monday, April 23, 2018

The Latest and Greatest Adventure!!!! (week 78)

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS!!! I got sooo lucky and we are writing at an internet place that actually has internet that doesn't bloooooow so maybe I can pull a good letter today......maybe.

This last week was busy, busy, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusy!!! We were basically teaching L everything that she needed to know for her baptism, but also running errands so everybody else could have their baptisms.....it was kinda teeeenaz!!! Buuuut we pulled through! Elder Chacon did her interview and he is awesome so that made me feel better and sheeeeeeeeeee passed!!! She wanted a small baptism and only invited her mom and her sister......it was so weird!!! I didn't exactly know how to make an agenda for the baptism sooo I didn't and President Rengifo wasn't very happy about that......buuuuts it's all good :)

We also spent a lot of the week saying goodbye to everyone which was sooooo hard!!! R and L literally both starting to CRRRRY THEIR EYES OUT!!! And I just kinda sat there liiiiiiike what do I do? It was hard though......we have been working really to help them finally get married so L can be baptized and R can get the sacerdocio!!! Little by little I am sure Elder Ancalle and his new companion got this!!! (Garrett hasn't mentioned it yet but he was transferred back to Pasto! Hermana Lidia wrote my mom on facebook and told her Sunday night so we knew beforehand which is why he didn't mention it at the beginning of his letter!) 

Hermana C was literally the same story, she CRIED AND SHE CRIED AND SHE CRIED!!!! She actually signed my Colombian flag!

The M Family also had a goodbye party for me.......we made coke cola chicken (which is bomb btw) and played games!!! They also sewed me a Doraemon pillow and made me a Doraemon sign hahahahahaha but it was really fun UNTIL everyone started to crrrrry and cry and crrrry hahahahahah!!!

Occidente was actually a pretty hard area for me to leave......it's the area that I had spent the most time of my mission in so it was kinda a challenge....but I am super stoked to be here in PASTO!!! I am serving in the area right next to my old one.....it's called BACHUE!! (BAH....CHU....AY) We're actually opening the area!!! And when I say opening the area, I mean opening the area.....when I got to Pasto (the first time) there was Bachue 1 and Bachue 2 but the Hermanas got taken out of Pasto and it just became Bachue......and now it has returned!!! It will be hard but we got this!! My companion is Elder Franco from Guayaquil Ecuador!!! 

I was a little upset cause I wasn't called as a DL anymore but then I realized two things:
1.) I am literally opening a new area
2.) Elder Alfphin (that's spelled wrong....I know it is) is my district leader and that is gonna be the bestest!!!

Another cool thing is that we will be living in an apartment with 4 Elders!!! I have never been in an apartment like that soooo it's gonna be super chill and I am way stoked for it!!! My Zone Leader (Elder Rosa) took me to visit and eat with Hermana Lidia today.....it was awesome!! It has been FOREVER since I have seen her.......mi hermanito Jose Manuel has his call for Mexico I am so excited for their family it's gonna be so awesome for them!!!

So yeah it will be good!!! It's what the Lord whats right now so I can do it!!!

Pues my family!!! Thank you for all your support and all of your prayers!!! I can feel them and I appreciate them!! 

LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE YOU!!!


ELDER OLSEN


 Only cool district leaders bring their district Chinese rice for breakfast











 There are some Argentine hippies that take their car all over North and South America.....they fund their trips by having movie nights for kids all over the place.....they were in R's neighborhood so that's kinda cool!!


















 L was baptized....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!










 Chillin with R and L during church!!










The Marin family literally threw me a Doraemon themed goodbye party......it was chill!!!


MAMITA LIDIA!!! Also my comp is the one on the very right!






No comments:

Post a Comment