Monday, October 30, 2017

My Concern is Helping Others (week 53)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU GUYYYYYYS!!!!!!

How are you all doing? I hope everyone and everything is going good up there!!! I had a slightly better week this week.....we worked really hard, mostly visiting less active members (buuuut they all came to church soooo wooooh!) We also had a weekly attendance of seven investigators.....could of been nine but two left early.

This week we were chilling in the third hour of church when President Zembrano (Presidente of District Popayan) called for us to talk with him. At first I was like "ohhhh shoooot what did we do wrong" but noooope.....He told us that we need to get the ball rolling with a family.....we had an interview with him and I guess one of them had some problems with some of the questions that we ask in interviews for baptism, but she got them cleared up......soooo yeah that was a miracle. Tomorrow we will have a pre=interview with them and I am sure that because transfers are on Sunday they will be baptized. Hopefully that works out!! We had another date for this Saturday....and his mom is a member!! Buuuuuuuut he has problems with WOW and he is difficult to find and teach, I am thinking we will have to move his date.

This week the branch had a Halloween party....it was the same as all ward activities in this country, move all the chairs in the chapel and turn on salsa music hahahahahah President Chavaro put us in charge of making sandwiches for everyone sooo that's what we did hahahaha.....people were really just starting to get there when we had to go, so that blows but it was still fun!!!!

We also spent a day up in the mountains as a district.....we were in Elder Torres and Elder Hernandezs area and we just moved a bunch of wood boards and watched as their investigator added on to his house....it was pretty rad I guess!!! Elder Hernandez is from Honduras so we had a nice chat about Roatan. Roatan is really different from the mainland I guess.....but still it's pretty cool that I can kinda understand where he comes from.

Other than that we didn't do too much we walked and walked and walked.....we didn't focus too much on finding new investigators this week, just working with the ones that we have anddddd ughhhh they could all easily progress but they just aren't and that frustrates me sooooooooooooooooooo baddddd!!! But it's whatever.

So something cool happened this week......I HIT MY YEAR!!! And teeeenaz my feelings about that are all over the place.....sometimes I start thinking about how I miss home and I just want to lay in front of the fireplace, cuddling with somebody, eating some hot cheetos while playing Zelda.....but then I think.....what I am gonna do without my members and investigators, what I am I gonna do without Choclitos.......and everybody better know that I REFUSE TO BE ON A DIFFERENT CONTINENT THAN HERMANA LIDIA......nope, no way!!!! The mission is hard and there has been lots of challenges....like learning the language, teaching, getting along with another companion, problems with my health, problems with my safety....I don't know, there is a big list but when I think about the experiences that I have had.....VALE....VALE LA PENA!!! I love the mission, it's hard but it's something that you will ever be able to do again.....not in this way anyway. I am learning to look at things differently.....things change when your concern is only how you can help others....I hope that I can keep that state of mind after the mission. Here is to another year of doing what I love to do.....helping others be happy through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I encourage everybody to try and do the same.

Love you all so much....I hope you all have a radical week!
Elder Olsen



This dork 







 Vanessa (Christian Benitez's little sister) and her littles!






 Somos locos



watching the littles color 



Service Project up in the mountains 







 Building a house



Popayan in the distance 







Mountains and mountains







 More and more mountains!!






 ZONA POPAYAN!!!! Well everybody that came to play soccer today!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment