Monday, October 2, 2017

Christ In Every Conversation (week 49)

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!! What's crack-a-lackin? Yo? Nothing too exciting here to be honest!!!

Soooooo I have a few details about my new companion that I am sure you would all like to know!! He is from Guyaquil Ecuador, he is 22 years old and really wants to join the military and he has 5 months in the mission.....soooo yeah there is a chill introduction to Elder Monserrate hahahahahah

Really nothing too exciting went down except for CONFERENCE!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Conference might as well be like a preparation weekend I love it sooo much. I mostly chilled with Elder Marks this entire weekend.....he is a chill kid and I can totally rant to him with no shame so it's all good hahahah but for only like 3 months he speaks CRAZY good Spanish...I am jealous buuuut yeah.

So here are some brief thoughts from conference (I didn't bring my notes so here is just what I can remember from the top of my head)

Bonnie Oscarson totally was SAVAGE and every single youth should read that talk.....twas raaaaaad!!!

There was a talk from the priesthood session that I loved too!! About how we have doubts but and THAT'S OKAY, as long as we are focusing on the things that we know to be true. Too many people fall away from the church because they do not have a perfect testimony.....but as far as I am concerned there is no such thing....everyone has doubts!!!

Tad R Callister......yeah he was SAVAGE and told it like it was as well.....I literally watched that talk thinking to myself "true," "trrruuuuuuuuuuue," "SAVAGE," "ugggggh soooo true" hahahahahahah!

I also thought it was interesting during Henry B. Eyring talk......he talked about how he had been reading the Book of Mormon everyday for FIFTY YEARS......TEEEENAAAAAZ......but he decided to take President Monson's challenge anyway, ¿que chevere no?

Elder Wilson's mom joined us for conference!! She is the one that sent you guys pictures. She and Brother Wilson are here cause they picked Elder Wilson up from the mission so now they are just kinda exploring.....kinda cool!!! She was really nice and shared her thoughts with us and gave us suckers sooooo winning hahahhaa

I am not gonna lie, in the beginning of the week I was really worried WHY? Because Elder BRIZUELA is now in my district....and yeah district meeting it was beyond obvious that he was talking some crap and at first that kinda bothered me.....but I just decided to kinda shake it off....I am not gonna let things that happened like forever ago get in my way...and I didn't!! We actually had a really nice conversation and talked about our last conference and some funny things that happened in Ciudad Modelo and a bunch of other random memories.....it's just better to not let little things bother you!!!

Which is why I am going to do it again. Elder Torres (my new District Leader) always loves to come up to me and tell me all about how I need study my Spanish and how I shouldn't be talking to my gringo friends because that's not helping me and all about how this gringo speaks perfect Spanish and X,Y and Z!! Rather then letting this bother me I'm going to use it for motivation.....I am actually pretty confident in my Spanish.....I just don't have perfect pronunciation and a Latin accent...why? Because I am from the USA and I speak English hahahah! buuuuut I'm going to learn, the haters gonna hate hate haaaaate but I'm just gonna shaaaake shaaaake shake SHAKE IT OFF!!!!!

Soooo yeah as you can see it has been quite a week, lots of growing and learning!! I was talking to Elder Marks today and he said something that I loved!!! "It doesn't matter if somebody says something rude or mean to you if you are constantly thinking about Christ in every conversation." Teeeeeenaz wise words from a very good missionary and that's something that I'm going to start doing....like I do that but I DON'T THINK about it, and I think it's something that you have to have a constant effort to do.....and as we do it we can become better and more Christlike people......just something to think about :)

I love you all soooo much!!! Make good choices.....read your scriptures and do the things that you know to be true!!!

LOVE YOU ALL TONZO,
Elder Olsen


 With Elder Monserrate



 Waiting for the District Center to open up to watch conference


Conference Gringo crew!!!



This is the picture Sister Wilson sent us! So fun getting a random picture of our missionary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment