Tuesday, November 7, 2017

My Calling is to Help Other People (week 54)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEY YOOOOOOOOOU GUYS!!!!!! What's new? I hope everything is going good over there in the America of North.

So I wasn't able to write yesterday because it was a holiday and all of the places for internet were cloooooooosed, but do not ask me what were celebrating because the Colombianos don't even know!!! That's how holidays work in this country hahhahaha

Because of a bunch of protests going on blocking the road from Popayan to Cali transfers were delayed for a minute.....but we ended up getting the transfer call! Elder Monserrate and I will be staying here, we are actually the only companionship in the zone that didn't have a transfer!!! It's all good though, I have Elder Corbett and Elder Marks and Elder Smith.......a good zone gringo crew is ESSENTIAL ;)

Buuuut yeah this week was kinda bad hahahahahah we didn't really have anything going for us. Some of our investigators were not able to get baptized......Halloween and all of the Halloween parties and all that stuff screwed it all up for us!! This transfer though.....it will happen!!! Now that Halloween is over everybody is going crazy decorating for Christmas......annoys the crap outta me!!! This country needs thanksgiving!!!

I had the opportunity to go on divisions with Elder Torres this week, it was eeeeeeh because literally everybody in my area decided that they didn't wanna be home that day soooo we walked and we walked and we walked.....it was kinda embarrassing actually hahaha But we ended up visiting one of my investigators who is kinda progressing and had a super powerful lesson with him.....and when we left to go home we got caught in the worlds biggest thunderstorm.....literally I have never had a problem with my shoes but they totally filled with water!!! And we could have totally died there were some lightning strikes super close to us sooooooo yeah....miracles :D

On a more spiritual side I am doing super good with The LDM.......I am currently in Mosiah 26!!! Part of me actually likes reading better in Spanish I mean there is always words that I do not know but the way the grammar and conjugations are make it a little easier to know who is talking. In Mosiah where it talks about like 18 different groups of kings and their people....THAT'S ESSENTIAL hahahaha but I really loved Abindadi he was soooo freaking boss......and he is totally the reason why Alma is so freaking boss!!! I don't know, I have just been diving into my study sessions lately and I have been loving it!!!

Another thing that has been a little more important to me than usual has been the way I have been writing in my journal cause usually it's just "we did this and this and went here and did this." I have been girly lately and trying to write my thoughts and feelings a little more......those are things I think I am gonna wanna remember, I don't know!! Dane and Dad your homework assignment is to read your journals and tell me what you thought was interesting!!!

Soooo yeah I am still here...still working even though its a little hard.....but I am confident that despite all the challenges I have people that need to me to teach and help them......after all I am not here to have a chill easy breezy good time.....my calling is to help other people and that's that!!!

Hope everyone is doing so good, I pray for you all the time!!! Love you all tonzo!

💕 Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment