Monday, November 13, 2017

"Voy a Aprender Muchas Cosas" (week 55)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey fam!!! It's been a good minute!!! How are all of you?

I am doing suuuuuper well actually, my companion and I are getting along....our area is getting along too, we are making progress slowly but surely its hard but the lord is always helping us....ALWAYS!! We were able to find a few new investigators but it's too early to see if they will progress....but you never know :)

This week we have had lots of opportunities to do fun things with members, Fernanda Benitez turned 30 this week so we went and visited her for a family night, we had this BOMB message all about wisdom....buuuuut it was full on party so we didn't end up giving it!! That party made miss my Carter family Just a little bit cause we all went around telling Fernanda how much we love her on camera........it was awesome!!! I love love love love love the Benitez family ðŸ’“

We also went to OLGAS 15th birthday party....I am sure I have talked about her she is a recent convert. I didn't like her party as much because 15 is the year that "your all grown up" and it's a super big deal here in Latin America but it was weird cause all the men took turns dancing with her.....and I just about died when her mom told us to take our turn "uhhhhhm we cant but thanks anyway" hahahahah they also passed wine around and that was super awkward for me too but it was good!

We also played soccer as a zone today....it was weird, there's so many missionaries that i don't know!!! Buuuuut I still have my Gringo Crew sooo I ain't complaining!!

This week I thought a lot about something Elder Chacon said to me.....it was when we found out that he was gonna be a LZ with Elder Florez as his companion and I remember he SCREAMED "voy a aprender muchas cosas" or in English "I am going to learn lots of things!" I don't know why I have thought about that a lot....the last transfer was so hard for me buuuut was so good because I was able to learn and see my weaknesses...and think about how I can turn them into strengths. I think it has worked cause me and my comp are doing well, REALLY WELL!!! We joked with each other all week long and we WORKED SOOOOO HARD!!! I hope Elder Chacon was able to learn something too!! It just goes to show that A.) our Heavenly Father has given us divine potential and B.) we need to continue with faith to be able to fulfill our divine potential. Things are always hard and things are always gonna be hard but if we have Jesus Christ and the gospel on our mind things WORK OUT....it's like magic but its actually real.

CHALLENGE!!! It's been awhile since I have done a challenge so I figured it was time to do one......we are gonna open up to some of my favorite scriptures:

Ether 12:6
Ether 12:12

Read them, ponder them, write in your journal about them, APPLY THEM!!

Sorry this letter was a little chichi.....it took me a minute to get my photos together but I love you all soo much have the bestest week.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Olsen ðŸ’’


BIRTHDAY CAKE




PARTY




 Daniel telling his mom how much he loves her







 Love love the Benitez family :)



















 Vanessa totally birthday egged Fernanda







 Cookin' with your favorite Elders
















 Olga's 15th birthday party











Elder Smith and Elder Marks, love these two!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment