Monday, November 20, 2017

For My Benefit (week 56)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey you guys!!! What's crackin?

This week really wasn't the best....we had some problems that effected a lot of different things. My companion and I aren't getting along the best.....but that's okay, it will work out eventually. But it didn't really work for us last week and we weren't able to work as hard as we could've which blows but what can you do!!

I am also having problems with my hearing aid again......I hate this model of hearing aids because the screw things that I use to take out my wax guards literally strip my wax guards....and the rims of the wax guards break and then they fall right into the hearing aid :/ soooooo yeah I called Hermana Whitesides and she told me she would call my doctor and then let me know.......buuuut I still haven't heard anything back soooo pailas with hearing right now I guess.

This week we didn't have church we had district conference it was pretty chill. As always my favorite talks were from President and Hermana Whitesides, they are just tooooo goood at what they do hahaha! But Hermana Whitesides talked about how when she was a little girl her mom would wake her up and they would read the bible together EVERY SINGLE DAY.....that's pretty rad! She talked about how that was the start of her testimony and how its important that we continually nourish and strengthen our testimonies. President talked about a lot of different things.....the whole conference was based around the temple and family history work and he talked about the blessings Colombia will receive from the Barranquilla Temple....I guess it just got its Moroni.....Que Chevere!!!! He also did the math in front of everybody and I guess that 1 in every 500 people in the world are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints......RAD!

The missionaries were also given permission to go to the face to face conference with Elder Oaks and Elder Ballard.....I am sure it would have been rad buuuuut the people in charge of the audio made it too loud so it was really squeaky....and they didn't block out all of the English and my brain and ears could not take it soooo I was able to get a few things out of that conference but not a lot......it was a good break to be with all the YSA though.

I guess we could say this week has been a little problematic but that's okay, these are growing and learning experiences!! I would rather learn these things right now rather than later.....like when I am married and have kids and like REALLY hard situations ya know? The mission is hard buuuut it's soo good because it's like the "pre -school" of real life, you learn things ahead of time so when really bad things happen it's just kinda whatever.....you know? Like I can't imagine getting married without having the two years with companions.....so I have problems now but it will be for my benefit later!!!

But I hope all is well in the 801!!! I am always loving and praying for all of you, hope everything is going swell and that you are all happy!!

Your favorite rad missionary,
Elder Olsen



Elder Monserrate y yo



Helping one of our investigators make a mini bible 


No comments:

Post a Comment