Monday, March 6, 2017

Follow the Prophet (week 19)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOOOOOO!! Hello family and friends!!!

So what is going on? I had an incredibly detailed and eventful week.....literally the day I got my comp our house started FLOODING, like we are talking water coming out of the ceiling....BROWN WATER!!! That was fun....Elder Brizuela called to ask if we can switch apartments but I do not think that is gonna happen.

Another eventful thing happened, we were meeting with a member talking about people in the area we can teach when out of nowhere, MY HEARING AID STOPPED WORKING!! Soooo yeah I went home and dehumidified it but that did not do anything. It worked a little but when I cupped my hands over it it did not make the annoying screechy sound it's supposed to, soooooo I had to call Elder Mcdermott and tell him to call Hermana Pricoli and explain the situation!! (shout out goes to him for dealing with all of my crap hahahaha). President and Hermana Pricoli are currently both traveling all over the mission so it took her 2 days to find an audiologist to go to.....and first they said something was wrong with the battery contacts, so they had the technician try to do something about that buuuuuuuuut that did nothing. They are currently looking at the problem and will call us either today or tomorrow.....and then after that we have to wait for them to fix whatever problem....they think the microphone is toast soooo that blows!!! I did not even have that one for a year!!! (Little side story for you...Garrett emailed my parents and I today with the subject being SOS. Then the only thing the body of the email said "write back fast..did the mission home contact you about my health issues?!" Umm...NO! So here I am freaking out because I'm thinking he caught some Colombian disease. My parents don't usually get on at the time he emails so I called them and got them all freaked out too, just to find out it was only his hearing aid. Which is a big deal, don't get me wrong! But really Garrett?! Way to get us all thinking you were dying! Hahaha loser.)

Me and Elder Brizuela are doing good!! It has been kinda a rough week because we do not have very many investigators....but we have two dates!! Lousia and Cintia are two people that I have never written about much because Elder Chaiña never wanted to visit them....but they have dates. Well  Lousia has a date but Cintia does not because she did not come to church.....we have also found a bunch of new investigatiors and visited lots of less active members on our list!!! They are not interested too much though...one guy we visited does not wanna come to church because he read all the bad things Joseph Smith did as President of the United States......I was trying sooooooo hard not to laugh at that!!!! We have visited some of the active members that Elder Chaiña never wanted to cause they live kinda far like in Villanueva and San Bernito......those areas are also like super dangerous so that is fun!!! (Seriously, is this freak out your family week for Garrett?) I like Ciudad Modelo but I really kinda wanna change.....and with my hearing aid I really wanna go somewhere a little more cool buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut we will see.

I am struggling a bunch with Spanish. Sometimes my companion will plan appointments during my language study and that BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS!!! If anyone reading this went on a Spanish speaking mission I would love all the advice!! Like for real write me!!! 

I am very happy to see almost everyone actually do the challenge!! The challenge notebooks will be a great resource and something fun to look back on!! The other day I was having a particularly hard time and I was looking through my spiritual journal....it's just a whole bunch of conference talks....but they seriously help me so much! We are so lucky to have prophets and apostles to help and guide us!!! Sooooo here comes the challenge...you need to 
A.) Find 3 conference talks one from the 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's.
2. Write them down in your challenge notebook.
3. Write down thoughts about the talk and how you can apply it in your daily life.
4.) Write me about the experience.
 I promise that has we listen and follow the prophets we can receive revelation....EVERY SINGLE DAY...how rad is that? I remember Brother Knowles always challenged us to listen to a conference talk on the way to school everyday.....I never did it, but I wish I would have xD

Love you tons,
Elder Olsen


NEEEEEEEEEW COMP


This is a picture of my English class (look at allll those people)
(Also look at Garrett's bubble butt!!!! Totally freaked me out when I saw this picture. He told me he has been gaining weight but I did not believe him until the moment I saw this. If any of you ladies like what you see......that's too bad he's a missionary. But you can always write him and get in line to date him when he comes home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment