Monday, March 20, 2017

Focus on the Lord (week 21)

ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO EVERYBODY!!!! What is new? Nothing much happened here.....okay a lot actually happened this week!

For starters I wanna talk about the healthcare situation, because we had a visit from Elder Godoy (I will talk about that in a minute) Hermana Pricoli wanted to wait because she was super busy preparing everything for that, but that was on Wednesday? I think, I don't know!! Anyways I got a call from President last night and he said the doctors are busy or something....I did not really understand the entire situation, buuuuuuut yeah I have to wait :/ (Garrett is talking about getting into the doctor to get a new hearing aid because his broke!) My 2nd program works but I hate my second program....I never used my second program at home because it never worked that well and it is soooooooo horrible for missionary work. We will be outside in the wind and all I can hear is "dshlfgjsldfñkjgsjglakñjgdkjñfdjdffdjñfdsñadfsdfakkfdkdjffkjñ" we also work on busy streets all day sooooooooooooo....

The conference was sooooooo gooooooood!!! Ughdsajlfjdsldfj I love elder Godoy!! It's not everyday that you get a visit from a 70! And it's not everyday that you know them and can quote their talks! (He has a really good talk from 2014 about patriarchal blessings that I LOVE) but it was good him and his wife spoke....Elder Mcdermott told me that his wife cannot speak Spanish and kept bouncing back and forth from Portuguese hahahaah But the conference was all about how we can better help our investigators and how we need to work with the members!!! I liked it!! I also talked with Elder Chaiña and Elder Primo!! I miss my parents!! (When I first read this I thought he was talking about his parents back home and I thought it was the most random comment ever! Haha but he is talking about his missionary parents!) Elder Chaiña is good....he hates his new area but he his good!! Elder Primo is good, he was asking me how Aubrey and her baby are doing.....I don't know how he remembers that buuuuuut yeah!!! (Um...how could he forget? My unborn child and I are the coolest!) He is an office missionary now so that is weird.

John is John.....we had a bunch of GIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT FIGHTS this week...ugh. He has nooo patience NADA and he always sighs and breaths heavy when things are not going his way....and things are never going his way hahaha We had a ward council meeting and it's pretty clear the ward does not really have the same kinda plans his last ward had....we also had another council meeting with Hermano Favio and Hermana Julieth and it told them how frustrating this area is, but when we are in good moods we are good.....I don't know hahahha we do not really have any progressing investigators right now.....we have some new ones but have not taught them much yet.

I wanna talk a little bit about my p-day today cause we actually did something.....we had lunch with Hermana Julieth because the other day was her birthday....we had Chinese food (Chinese food here blooooooooows) and we went to the local Exito (Walmart....its basically Walmart) it was good because I usually just sit around all day not doing anything.

Aubrey sent me a really good conference talk this week.....I am pretty sure I read before, but it was about revelation and how we can receive it and it is fooooorsure a poco a poco process.....but it comes, I know that to be true even though it is hard sometimes. I know that if we are always trying to do what we think the Lord wants for us we will not choose the wrong path....it's hard buuuuuut we caaaaaaaaaaaaan do it fam!!! Hahah I love you guys and I miss you and I hope that you are making good choices!!! Sooooo here comes the challenge (gotta love me) make a list of some things that you want to do in the coming days, weeks, months and even this year....focus on things that can help you better yourself and write it in your challenge notebook.....present the list to our Heavenly Father in prayer, and pray specifically for guidance and answers to things you need to do.....pray for guidance, because those plans might need to change......focus on your goals. focus on what the Lord wants for you.....and you will be guided!! I promise!!

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUF YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU,
ELDER OLSEN
P.S I have nothing to take pictures of....so what do you guys wanna see? (Umm...your face Elder. We would like to see pictures of your face. Duh.) Hahah seriously nothing exciting has happened.


(Edit from 04/03/2017: Garrett sent this picture from the conference!)
Elder Godoy totally gave the closing prayer in one of the General Conference sessions and I was like "OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG I SHOOK THAT GUYS HAND TWO WEEEEEEKS AGO" I am in the back row in case you cannot find me!


No comments:

Post a Comment