Monday, September 3, 2018

Wake Me Up When September Ends (week 97)

Hey family!!!

This week was okay.........the first week in your area alone, with a new comp is always just suuuuuuuuuper weird!!! You don't have anyone to lean on, and your in charge of showing your comp around...I don't know it's just kinda weird!!!

John is good!! He's a little different but that's okay.....he's super clean, if there is even a speck of dirt on the floor it immediately gets swept up because everything HAS TO be squeaky clean. I like that, but I hate it all at the same time ðŸ˜‚ but something that kinda bothers me is that he totally wants to make me trunky.....for example if a plane is flying past us he says "only 5 and half weeks and you will be on one of those planes" and I just sit there like........"bueno." Like yeah, I think about home a lot but I don't feel like its effecting my work and I get scared that if I have thoughts like that in my brain, that will change!!!!

This week we didn't really focus our efforts on finding......we focused our efforts mostly on 1) introducing my comp to the area (I don't think he really likes the area perooooooo bueno)  and 2) working with members.........(and I have tried to work with members that aren't part of the ward council.......they really don't help us much so there's no point, and it so far it has been going greeeeat!!!

We have been visiting a less active member named M.......and long story short she's an old lady that has been less active for 20 something years and is currently listening to the missionaries of another church. We haven't made much progress with her so we decided to go with Hermana P, a Hermana that lives somewhat close to her.......and Hermana P KNEW AND REMEMBERED HER.....from yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago!!! It was kinda weird cause Hermana M was like "what happened to this Hermano" and Hermana P was like "oh he died like 5 years" and then Hermana M "EN SERIOOOOOOOOO!" Soooo yeah......Hermana P offered to pick her up for church.....AND SHE DID but Hermana M was sick so she didn't go. But I still feel like we are making progress......eso es lo bueno!!!

Soooo yeah.....we have had quite a few stories like that. Really working with the members is key because we are temporary as missionaries, but members aren't!!!

I gotta go, but looooove you guys!!!!! Kill it this week,
ELDER OLSEN



 Chilling in the forest with Hermana Maria







Look at this chill spider I found



Always preaching!!!



 Rio Tulua!!!



 Hermano Miguel has this old fridge in his workshop for tools.....I think it's radical!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment