Monday, June 18, 2018

Random Opportunities (week 86)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAM!!!! How are all of you!!! Espero que todo este muy bien!!!!

Before I begin this email I just wanna say I SURVIVED!!! The volcano is really getting grumps!! We woke up at 4 in the morning on Tuesday to a pretty big earthquake.....they said it was the about the same size as the one in Guatemala but it didn't last as long so it didn't do nearly enough damage......buuut still about 3 people died. And ever since then we have had little mini earthquakes about everyday....usually in the night!!! But I think it's soo rad!!!! 

This week we decided to work in the other area a little bit.....it's sooooo difficult!!! Just finding directions and directions and that's super hard!!! But we are meeting a ton of really interesting people that could easily progress.....just gotta find them

My companion is doing really good!!! He's a really good kid that really wants to WORK HARD!!! I have gotten to know him a little bit more......he was a little LOCO before the mission and to make a lot of changes in his life. I don't know, part of me feels like missionaries that understand those kinds of things are better, they wanna help people from the disaster known as "the world" more than others.....and I like that!!! 

I have been helping Hermana Sandras daughters learn English and I have learned A TON about all the English tests that foreign students have to take to enter college.....it's pretty interesting!!!

On Saturday we had an activity to help earthquake victims from villages in the mountains and homeless Venezuelans!!!! We made sancocho......and Elder Escaray and I were set to go and deliver that food....buuuuut no "we don't have enough room in the trunk"  and what ended up happening is that the group of members that was supposed to come clean the church just kinda didn't come....so we helped Hermana Carolina do that!!! Annnnnnd of course a little nina from the barrio was getting baptized.....BUT NONE OF THE MEMBERS FILLED THE FONT!!! Sooo yeah we spent our entire Saturday cleaning the church, filling the font and making an agenda for the baptism (and of course I HAD TO LEAD THE MUSIC......IDK HOW TO LEAD MUSIC) and Hermana Ruby randomly showed up with a record player that she bought from a garage sale!!! She showed how it worked by playing "I will always love you" and all of us jovenes were FASCINATED!!! Buuuut all is well because random opportunities to serve are radical.

Today was Elder Allphins birthday and Hermana Lidia went all out....and she even planned to egg and flour him (typical birthday tradition here) buuuut he didn't like that and literally got all changed into some of Joses extra clothes and then left.....WHOOPS 😐 buuuuut we also played soccer today and I feel like I did decent (totally scored some goals and made big latinos that think that they all that fall down) soooooo WINNING!!!

Buuuuut yeah that's pretty much all I got for this week!!! It was fun but exhausting!! Keep being good cause I'm still sharpening my saw!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS,
ELDER OLSEN



A cool sunset I found 



The Pasto stadium 



Not sure which is better looking that hair, smile, or stadium
(Definitely the smile. The boy needs a haircut!)



Brushing my teeth



Cooking for some homeless venezolanos  



 My dork comp and I 







Hermana Ruby's sweet record player



 I want a record player to play before church!!!














 Elder Allphin's birthday party today



Throwing the eggs and flour (poor kid ran outta his party mad hahahah) 







Love these kids!!!



The fish that I bought for Hermana Ruby (she has a giant radical fish tank ) the white one is Elder Escaray and the Multicolored one is Elder Olsen 😂😂😂


Getting ready for the baptism




















No comments:

Post a Comment