Monday, June 11, 2018

Improvement and Excitement (week 85)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAAM!!!

Its been a crazy week.....really long but it's cool that I can finally write about it!! Monday night I picked up my new companion, his name is Elder Escaray (Es-KAH-Rye But with a Spanish "R" not an ingles one) and he his from Bolivia!! He has 21 years and has about about 7 months in the mission....he's really cool though and totally down to work, soooo I can't really complain!

Buuuut because the other companionship of Ecuadorians left, I am currently working my area and OPENING ANOTHER ONE!! It's kinda insane my area is literally so huge and the other Elders didn't really leave us any records in their area book so yeah, its greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!!!! But my companion is all kinds of excited to work hard....which is good, it motivates the crap outta me and right now I really need that!!

We also had to change pensionistas because Hermana Sandra lives closer to us and she was already in the payment system, so that's been a little bit of a change too!!! But really it's just more people to meet and love!

My companion and I have made it a big deal to start working with the youth here.....a lot of them are mission age but don't have too much interest...we will change that by inviting them to come make visits with us! It's gonna be a great time and we are gonna get work done!!!

My companion is really great at teaching and has even made me think about how I need to improve.....its been a minute since I have felt that way!!! This last week I have had a ton of motivation to really get going on my scripture and language study....obviously I have been doing those things, but I could always put a little more effort in!!!! I am sure there will be a lot of improvement this next transfer!!! And I am excited!!!!

Anyways that's about it!!! I know my letters are always short and sucky but I will write an UMA letter this week!!! pinky promise!!!

LOVE YOU,
ELDER OLSEN



Here's a bunch of goofy pictures of Elder Escaray and I! 














Looking at my comps photos!! He took these of me. 



 (Okay THIS FACE! This picture makes me miss Garrett so bad! This is the face he would make when he was telling me I am awful or annoying, which sounds mean but it is terms of endearment between us hahaha! I still write "from your awful sister" at the end of each letter I write to him. Dang I miss this kid!) 



Loofey loves Elder Escaray







Karl's rooster also loves my comp


Cooking with my comp



And the zone asado

No comments:

Post a Comment