Monday, March 26, 2018

Missed Opportunities (week 74)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAAMBAAAAAAAAAAM!!! QUE MASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I hope that you are all just DANDY!!!! This week has been kinda rough....I was sicker then a dog and as a result of that we didn't do as well as I would've wanted!!! It was rough though I was with a lot of stomach issues........the brown stream was flowing sooooo strong....and I had to take breaks of letting flow go to puke and then let it flow again and then puke again....and it was just awful!! I called Hermana Whitesides and she was like "drink some homemade lemonade or a sprite and keep throwing up until you cannot anymore!" Soooo yeah I did that and then I couldn't throw up anymore but my body kept on trying to so...that was fun!

Not only that but I found a inflamed bump on my chest.....I was not gonna say anything about it.....buuuuuut hermana katherine got worried that I had a hernia and called Hermana Whitesides today. Long story short Elder Kelley got his hand cut super bad by barbwire while we were at the waterfalls today so we got to go to the hospital together!! Basically I am growing super fast and my bones are not getting enough calcium so that's why I have this bump.....buuuut because I am a missionary and they have to make sure everything is good so I am gonna go back and get some x-rays done but the doctor said that this is normal for people my age and that I should not be worrying about it (so mom don't worry about it hahahahah!) 

Well we are on the subject of health we had zone conference this week and I was able to give Hermana Whitesides my hearing aid to get it fixed so that's cool. Zone conference was really cool.....they showed us a video about the guy that beat the 4 minute mile the first time and how the whole world thought it was impossible until he did it......and then ten trillion people after did it!!! Basically if we tell ourselves that we can't do things......well then we can't xD Elder Allfin stayed the night with us.....he's currently in Mariluz so he brought me a letter from Hermana Lidia and gave me updates from everyone in the area......Jose Manuel (Lidias son) just got his call to Mexico!!!! I am so excited for him!!!!

This week I had the bombest district meeting EVVVVER!!! Basically I got a bunch of papers and wrote some things that people would say while knocking on doors like "just say no thanks muy amables" or a list of certain characteristics that an investigator could be so the missionaries could act them out......and I made them all negative!!! And like two good ones so I asked the district to send 2 volunteers to be missionaries and it was Elder Gardner and Elder Chacon and I drew 9 houses on the whiteboard and they had to "kock on the door" until they found someone good to teach buuuut obviously they didn't. So I asked if they had wanted to give up......Elder Gardner did but Elder Chacon didn't then I gave Elder Chacon a new companion and he knocked the rest of the doors as the missionaries acted.....until the very end when he found a good investigator......the point is if we give up on hard things we may lose the opportunities that our Heavenly Father wants to bless us with ......both within and outside the mission field!!! I am so grateful for all the opportunities that he has given me and I hope that I can take advantage of the next little bit of my mission!!! And my life!!!!

I love you guys so much......you guys mean everything to me!!! Stay rad. Stay safe. Love you,
ELDER OLSEN



With Elder Padilla



 My friend Elder Allphin



Andres.....Elder Gardners baptism 



Gringo crew at the waterfalls




 "SI SE PUEDE SI SE PUEDE" hahahahah








With Elder Ancalle



WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment