Monday, August 28, 2017

His Will = Our Will (week 44)

Heeeeeey you guys!!!

I had suuuuuch a good week!!! I had lots of really cool spiritual experiences and a little bit of success (okay we had 26 new investigators NBD!)

But during a family night that we had with Benitez family last Monday we were talking about OBEDIENCE (ugh I can't spell English anymore :() (he spelled all of that right though? hahaha) but anyways they were talking about how much more obedient we are compared to LITERALLY all of the other elders that were here before!! And I kept on thinking "you are RIGHT WERE YOU NEED TO BE.....you need to be here to be an example to them" that was an interesting experience!!

Later on that night during my nightly prayers I was feeling good!! I am really feeling that if I continue to be obedient I won't have too many more problems with my hearing aid, sooo that's good!!!!

We also had some really cool experiences with Hermana Francia...she was telling us all about how she got to know the missionaries and how rough their lives were before...and they didn't have any money to buy food....but the missionaries came and cooked for them and helped her son....she literally made me cry...you never know what kind of influence you can have to someone!!

We also have been talking a lot with Olga (a recent convert and the niece of Hermana Francia) she's only 15 and we were teaching and she asked us "why does god give us hard trials?" She was able to talk to us a little bit about what has been going on with her friends and it's hard to stand up for her beliefs. I am proud of her though, she is currently planning on serving a mission. So yeah we were able to talk to her and hopefully help her....the family is having lots of issues so we have been trying our best to help them...I think little by little it's working.

I don't have too much time to write!! But I believe for 100% that I am exactly where I need to be now....it's hard for me to have transfers and to be constantly leaving people I love buuut I constantly find new people to love....and I love that!! When we submit our will to the will of our Heavenly Father we gain new opportunities....BETTER opportunities. My challenge for you guys is to really think about that...write about it your challenge notebook. I truly believe that there are blessings that we can only see as they are BEHIND us....we just need to walk forward with faith...I know that's true.

I love you guys so much, thank you for all the love and support!
Elder Olsen



 Elder Chacon and I during study (it gets cold in the mornings)



 A great view (I don't wanna say that the building with the 2 windows is a very important place.....buuuuut it's an important place ;)
(That's his house!)



 Random photos of the area







The water pipe that Elder Guitierez broke today xD



Elder Carey trying to make it flood less



 Our house














annnnnd more of our house













No comments:

Post a Comment