Monday, August 14, 2017

His Plan for Me (week 42)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY YOU GUYS!!!

Soooo yeah I was transferred and right now I am currently working in Popayan!!

My last week in Pasto waaaas awesome. Hermana Yamile bought us cuy....it was nothing special though. It really tastes the same as chicken....everybody says that the fat is the best part...but I thought it was NAAAAAAAAASTTTTTTY :P We spent a lot of time with the members though our last week...I was not worried much about it though because I thought for 100% I would not be transferred buuuuuuuut here we are.

I am currently serving in a BRANCH called Recuerdo Norte....I don't know much about the area yet so I am sure next week I will have much more to write. I am currently serving as senior companion with Elder Chacon from Peru. We were in Villa Colombia together (that was my zone in Cali) soooo thats cool. I don't know him very well but he seems chill so far, he came from Jamundi and he had 5 baptisms there so he has to know a little bit of what we are doing!! It's gonna be so hard this transfer....I already know it!!! It was so hard to leave Mariluz...when I called Hermana Lidia she was crying and was like "I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA STAY!" :( What made it worse was that Elder Galvez was really proud to be staying in Mariluz training. "I am going to baptize this person.....and this person....and I am training a gringo.....and you have to pack your bags and I don't." I don't know I didn't really appreciate that but knowing Elder Galvez I am not really surprised!! Elder Corbett came to Popayan with me and is going to be my ZONE LEADER...gaaaaaaaaaaaah I am very happy about that!

Sooo yeah, I am not sure how I feel about my transfer.....I am a little worried about being senior comp....opening an area (but this will be the 3rd time soooooo) and being in Popayan. The heat and rain here WILL LITERALLY SLAUGHTER my hearing aid :( however, I have lots of faith and I know that I have things to do here. Heavenly Father has plans for me, and who knows maybe I will like it better here buuuuut it all just comes down to attitude and faith!! We get put in certain areas to learn certain things and help specific others do the same!! That's my challenge for you guys write down your blessings everyday this week....review them when things get hard...you got this :)

Love you all TONZO!!
Elder Olsen


Pictures from my last week in Pasto...


 CUY














 Our tree of life activity


















With Julian (our ward mission leader)


 On the bus to Popayan with Elder Santos and Elder Chicaiza








No comments:

Post a Comment