Monday, January 30, 2017

Perspective (week 14)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY (If you did not read that in Navi's voice you need to reread that.....if you don't know who that is ask Jarin.)
I hope things are going good for you guys....I got a ton of emails about it and yes I am doing much better....lots of freakouts....stressful thoughts.....and deep breaths later! But things are still not perfect....and I dont think that they ever will be unfortunately, I just gotta learn to deal with it and move on!!! Worry about me and my obedience and try not to care about my comps. (Apparently we need to worry about Garrett's obedience? Probably the one thing we weren't worried about...until now hahaha)

Yeah so something interesting that happened this week WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS my hearing aid broke!! Just the tail but I am worried that pulling on the wire part will break that....and I don't wanna have a broken hearing aid here.....that would blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!

Henry is still doing well, he bought me some coke (the soda kind of coke, not the drug kind!) and I started an English class.....He was the only one that showed up so all is well!! He really wants to learn English because all of his car manuals are in English....not sure if I can help him there!! Elder ChaiƱa is getting really good at English and it makes me mad because I do not think I am getting any better at Spanish!!!

Our investigators are doing good!! BLANCA HAS A DATE.......FOR THE THIRD TIME!!! We took the ward mission leader to teach her.....he's an old single dude and we totally felt like we were the third wheels on a date...it was super weird!! I give it 2 years and they will be sealed in the temple ;) but she totally came to church sooooooooooooooooooooo yay!

We met a new investigatior named DORA!!! She runs a convenice store out of her house (real convenince stores are not a thing here) and I love it because she always gives us postoban (the most popular soda here.....basically shasta) and candy for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all the time...I love it!! She met with the missionaries some 15 years ago so she already has a ton of knowledge and YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! Things are looking up with her I think.

We have been working with Manuel lately....he is a recent convert....but he's a little goofy in the head and has some word of wisdom issues BUT HE LOVES THE BOM, and has a ton of knowledge about it.....like maybe more than me xD He lives with his entire family and his sister is like mom and dads age and she totally flirts with us and always gets ready for the club in front of us.....and like her clothes are not appropriate at all.....the other day she asked us if she looked beautiful for gyspie night......GROSS!!! 

I have a lot of girls flirt with me lately and I really am just not about it.....except the girls at the panaderia....they can flirt with me all they want cause they give me more bread than what I pay for!! But Hermana Coronel was like totally trying to get me to give her a tie the other day....and that's weird!!

I am struggling,  but I am holding on!! I am not sure why I am here in this area and with this companion teaching the people that I am teaching, but I do know that God has a plan for me.....and unfortunately to learn all the things that I need to know I also need to struggle....it's hard but I am growing up soooooooo fast and learning to look at things with all kinds of perspectives!!! I hope that you guys can too!! So this weeks challenge is to look at things with a different perspective!!

ALSO because nobody ever writes about the challenges first priority for hand written goes to whoever does!! (That's how we get things done at the Olsen household...bribery!) 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU GUYS,
ELDER OLSEN



 My hearing aid ;( 



Reasons why Henry is the fav



The sisters and Henry's dog.....that thing will literally follow them all the way home from the church.....and they live in Independicia....far!





No comments:

Post a Comment