Monday, January 2, 2017

My Glue Stick (week 10)

Okay well all my ten trillion pictures are loading so I guess I better write my letter now haha! (Most of the pictures he sent were from Christmas so I added those to the last blog post if you want to check them out!)

My week was okay.....kinda frustrating but it is all good! We spent News Years Eve and New Years Day with Julieth and her family........HER WHOLE FAMILY!! Her brother was very interested in me and kept talking to me about his sister who lives in Texas....I guess she does not talk to him anymore, and because of that I got a giant rant about how North Americans forget about family.....which honestly made me kinda mad because I just wanted to spend that day with my family!! But he told me that I was a kind person and even took a picture with me.

News Years Day was weird....because they blow up mannequins for Christmas Eve there was burnt dog hair EVERYWHERE, but we just went to church and back to Julieth's....she tried to give us food but I politely had to remind everyone that we couldnt eat. We called President and he said NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hahaha I don't think Elder ChaiƱa was very happy with me. But we taught her family again and then Julieth gave us a gift....a ceramic donkey thing...which was weird but HEY when in Colombia right!! After that we just taught.

We have a few new investigators, we have Sandro he's interesting...we always try teaching him something but then he will go on a rant about how the church should allow marijuana and stuff. One day we were trying to teach him about the plan of salvation buuuuut he wanted to talk about the word of wisdom and even went outside and found a carton of cigarettes and showed us all the warnings (Colombian cigarettes are required to have pictures of like black lungs and cancer patients on them). Sooooo yeah teaching him is kinda hard!! We do not really have progressing investigators but we visit less actives and members all the time. 

I have actually had a few breakdowns this week.....I just want to know Spanish. As I was gluing together a pocket for my mission manuel and I thought of something, it's kinda weird but............the gospel is a glue stick....but not a crappy one! Every time I get sad or frustrated it's always prayer and scriptures that help me to glue myself back together!! So that is my challenge for everyone not only for this week but also this year, do not let yourself fall apart, use your personal glue stick to glue yourself back together. Our Father in heavens wants to help us and He will......if we ask!!! It is very important and has saved me many times!! The struggle is real but so is Christ!!





My donkey!!!




(This is Garrett's sister Aubrey here, I'm going to tell you a side story because I want to remember it and it makes me laugh! So my husband and I found out we are pregnant the day after Garrett left on his mission! It was an emotional day to say the least. I wrote Garrett and told him about it in one of our first emails. His ONLY response to me was "yeah...I don't believe you." So the next week I tried to convince him that I was telling the truth and all he said was "this is just the kind of joke you and Dane would do..." So here we are! I am now out of my first trimester and he just says things like "I guess you're probably pregnant because you wouldn't keep talking to me about it for this long if you weren't hahaha" I sent him a picture of the ultrasound this week and he replied "I don't see anything...." Oh geez...I'm thinking that he probably won't believe me until he is home and holds my baby for himself, silly boy! Makes me chuckle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment