Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Great Wall (week 2)

YOU GUUUUYS!!!

Phhhhhewwww another week down!!! The days here are sooooooo looooong and exhausting....nothing really interesting happens here but there is still a ton of details about the CCM and other stuff that I did not get to include in my last email.

For starters, the CCM is under MAJOR construction....basically something was wrong with the gym roof and now we are getting a new gym roof....after that is done they are gonna replace the chapel roof!!! Normally this would not bother me....but my classroom shares a wall with the gym.....a wall, A DOOR AND A WINDOW.....WE CAN HEAR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! Every single hammer, drill, construction dude talking....everything! Also on my very first day my feet were in a puddle of water because it was raining and it leaked through the non-existant gym roof and out our classroom door (who puts a door to the gym in a classroom?) sooooo yeah because of all that we all have to stay outside during gym time.....usually the hermanas take the court but it´s fine cause the elders get to go to the real world at the park across the street....it´s soooo weird they have flea markets, and dog races and theres a huge painted brick wall (butterflies....painted butterflies) AND ALSO (Aubrey waaaaait forrrr it waaaait for itttt) THERE´S A ROLLER RINK!!!!!!!! (YAY shout out for me!! Which is good because my personal email was about two sentences so I needed the love, ya know? Anyone who is anyone knows that I love roller bladding!!) But the weirdest part of the park is that unlike parks in America.....people actually go to the park...it´s kinda wierd!

Hmmmm what else can I talk about.....well we don´t really have heating or AC here (I have looked for vents they are not a thing!) in most of the bedrooms or rooms that have part of the window you can´t close....they are just slanted soooo air can come in....most of these rooms have a little place about the door where a window should go but there isn´t one soooo air can flow through the whole building....normally this would be great but it´s freezing cold all the time and all my teachers make sure the fans are on.......I was expecting Colombia to be hot and humid...but it isn´t (thank goodness I am not staying in Bogota)

Jaime is doing great!! He got baptized so now I have two new investigators Giovanni and Juan Pablo......Giovanni looks a ton like Hermano Arango and Jauan Pablo and Jaime could be twins!!! (Fun story...Dane wrote Garrett an email all about how cool it was that Garrett has "real investigators" in the MTC...Garrett's whole email this week to Dane was him just explaining to Dane that his teachers are his investigators hahaha) 

My district consists of Elder Heninger (Hen in Jer) he is from saratoga springs he is way cool kid I like him a lot!!! And his companion Elder Robinson....he is technically from Pennsylvania but he moved to Manti over the summer....I like him a ton too!!! And then me and my comp.....we are a small district but we get along great.

The other district has 6 other kids!!! I like them all too.....To answer all of your questions I do like Elder Vincent and I do like Elder Carey!!! I am surrounded by lots of nice people :)

I looooove the temple here.....it´s a little mini Bountiful temple inside and out, I have gotten lots of impressions there!! And yeah I actually go through in English so that´s not really a problem!!

I would say that my biggest challenge is for sure Spanish........There is a giant language barrier and it´s about as big as the Great wall......that being said though I don´t really believe there is a great wall in missionary work!! Me and Elder Eldredge KIIIIIILLLLLL our lessons with our investigators....I have made sure that the non-existent great wall does not bother me....I have drawn pictures...done actions.....pointed to things and have used my very LIMITED Spanish!! I am not really improving but I do things so that I will (I totally bore my testimony Sunday!) Sooooo yeah it only exists if you tell yourself that it does

In life I think we all create "Great Walls" for ourselves....school is hard....work is hard...life is hard sooo we need to stop worrying about things that don´t matter...this week our challenge is to get out our favorite bulldozers and knock out a couple of our "great walls" stop worrying about things.....they always work out...I promise :)

-Élder Olsen


This is all the pictures I have!! We do not get a ton of time to take pictures...only on P days!!!


So this is a very crappy map but it has the right idea...




...And my schedule for this next week in case you ever wanna know what I am doing. (Yeah Gar....let me just read that schedule that's in Spanish! No hablo Espanol Elder Olsen!! He probably just got really annoyed of me asking where he's at and what he's doing at all hours of the day. I'm not obsessed with him at all.) 


(Here we can see how his class connects with the gym! Which is apparently really upsetting...)






No comments:

Post a Comment