Tuesday, November 22, 2016

SCRIPTURE POWER!!!!! (week 4)

Hey guys!!!!

I don´t really know what to write about.....this week has for sure been an adjustment period, the new district is okay.....but I really miss it just being the four of us!!! Elder Guiterrez is our new district leader (he is Elder Carey´s companion....he is 25 and from the phillipines and already knows 3 languages....Spanish will be number 4) but yeah I am very happy about that, I like him a lot and he´s coming to Cali with me soooooo that´s always fun!! The thing about the new district is that it´s never silent.....I loved my study sessions in the last district because it was always so quiet but that´s not a thing anymore! We have some intense district meetings......some of these missionaries have VERY different ideas on how to do things.....it makes it kinda difficult because if I wanna study my way some kids might not think that´s useful or effective.....everybody has different ways of learning!!!

Our new roomates are Élder Peña from Colombia (he lives like 10 minutes away!) and Élder Garcia from Ecuador!!! They are cool, but nobody will ever compare to Elder Flores.....I miss him but I know that he is killing it in the field. Out of all the new north americans Elder Steadman is my favorite.....I guess we went to High School together but because he took smart people classes we never knew each other, but it was fun to figure all that out!!!

Buuuuut yeah there really isn´t much to write about this week.....Just lots and lots of studying!! Our new teachers are Hermano Rodriguez and Hermano Saldaña, I like them both a lot!!! I have been trying to focus my studies mostly on the scriptures....Elder Carey is alllllllll aboooooooout the scriptures and he gave me this giant list of the most powerful scriptures....I went through them in a day and marked and wrote notes on my favorites.....he has also gave me some scriptures about some personal gospel questions I had...seriously though he´s the best!!! Me and Elder Heninger also went through our quads and tabbed almost all of the Preach my Gospel scriptures.....My scriptures look like a mix of a 8 year old´s scriptures and an 80 year old´s scriptures....I love it!! And I love reading them....Scripture power is a real thing you guys!!!! I have had some many questions answered these past couple of weeks and the feelings you get are indescribable.....kinda like your stomach doesn´t weigh anything....I LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!! This week´s challenge is to really STUDY the scriptures.....get some questions answered and that fun stuff.....if anyone has any cool scriptures I would LOOOVE to hear about them!!!

Love you lots and lots,
Élder Olsen



My scriptures look so different now!


Elder Carey....just being elder Carey!


Such a bad picture of me...but elder Carey makes me laugh hahahaha


Group 18



(These next few things are little clips that Garrett sent me while we were chatting today! He wrote a shorter big email, but sent us all a picture of handwritten letters and chatted a lot so that made up for it! I'm just putting them here so he can look back and remember what was going on at this time of his life!)


Uhhhhhm my favorite thing about being is missionary is teaching! And my least favorite thing is probs always being with someone (SHOCKING). Hahaha something I figured out this week is that the fruit juice we drink here is from a factory....so that´s why it sucks, Cali is also the best place in the country for fruit SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM EXCCCCCCCCCCCCCITED!!!!

 I looooooooove teaching!!!.....but only with my investigators not those practices we have in class because some of the other kids are DANG GOOD at Spanish and I just sit there like "wait what?" Hahahahaa yeah plus when you are teaching you realize your Spanish isn´t that sucky soooooooo, that's cool. We had elders here last week from the Bogota South Mission that said "4 months and you will be fluent"....not counting on that but I hope!!

 










No comments:

Post a Comment