Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Service is a BIG DEAL! (week 3)

Hey guys!

Sorry it has taken me a minute to write today....all the older elders and sisters left for their mission tonight so it is just us ten! (I am gonna miss them all soooooo much) and we also kinda got stranded at the temple today so that was cool. (I went through in Spanish for the first time)

Things are going good though....the gym did get finished and they started work on the chapel......at first I was happy but they moved the piano and have devotionals in the gym so it really is not much better.....BUUUUUUUT I am not staying in that classroom anymore, because sooo many more missionaries are coming tomorrow they are combining the Amulek and the Ammon districts, so yeah it is going to be all ten of us in their room....I am not really happy about it, I don´t think I will learn spanish as well........but we´ll see how it works out later :)

Soooooo yeah I am offcially a 3 week missionary.....being able to say that is kinda a big deal because it means we are halfway through, it has been confirmed that I am leaving the CCM (Missionary Training Center in Spanish for those who asked) on Dec 6!!! ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND I CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAN NOOOOOOT WAAAAAIT!!!!!!

I wanted to take a minute and talk about the kinds of food that I eat because I always forget to write about it.....we eat lots of meat...mostly chicken but a lot of steak too!! Lots of rice but I don´t really love the rice here....it has a weird aftertaste. (For those of you who know Garrett, you know that is really strange because he eats rice like there's no tomorrow!) For breakfast we either have scrambled eggs, boiled eggs or french toast.....we have had american food a couple of times but it´s not my favorite!! The bread lady delivers fresh bread about every other day and that is my favorite!! For breakfast we always have this brown bread that tastes like the bread at Outback (literally the only reason to go there) andddddddddddd I looooooooooove that!! Overall the food is okay.....we ate at the temple today and that was rad!! It was what we usually eat but higher quality soooooooooo me gusta. (That means "I like it"...google translate is a beautiful thing!)

On Saturday we had the opportunity to go street contacting in the Correa Kennedy area of Bogota....it was fun but VERY DIFFICULT!!! Me and Elder Eldredge were able to get 3 referrals, pass out 1 BOM, and handed out all of our pass along cards.....one of our referrals who took our Book of Mormon was named Carlos...he seemed really interested so we put a pass along card in 3 nephi so he could go read that later!!! Overall it was a good experience but my Spanish is no bueno.....I think it is important that we as people love everyone else as people.....not only love them but serve them! If I would have thought before going out contacting "my Spanish is not good" or "I am too shy for this" it would not have happened...we need to forget others and go out and serve.....only as we do so will we realize that we really don´t have too much to complain about :) This week´s challenge is gonna be kinda different.....I want everyone to serve someone THEY DO NOT KNOW in a creative way.......Tape a dollar to a vending machine, pay for the people behind you at McDonalds, bake some cookies and leave them at a random door.....idk!! But I promise you that as serve you feel soooo much better about the things going on throughout your life.....I promise!!!

Love you tons,
Élder Olsen





Our soda machine...the soda I really like is on the right.


Street football...my favorite 


Laundry with Elder Robinson and Elder Carey


The view out my window...you can't tell but that white wall has graffiti on it that says "Dios Bendice" I love that.
(That means God Bless...again we love google translate!)


My window that you can't close...also shows our closets


My shoe box room...my bed is the one on the very left next to the wall


I am going to miss Elder Flores and Elder Saldana!!! (Saldana on the left and Flores on the right)


The whole gang!!!


Group 17!






No comments:

Post a Comment