Monday, December 18, 2017

Mosiah 2:17 (week 60)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY YOOOOOOOOOOOOU GUYSSSSSSSS!!!! This was a crazy week and I don't have a ton of time so this email will probably be everywhere hahahahaahah

So first things first today is a holiday and our usual internet place is closed. We have been given time the 24th and the 25th to Skype but i'm not sure if those places are gonna be open....soooo gonna call President to ask permission to figure it out and get back to you guys during the week!!!

As for the week it was good!!! We had a zone conference (turns out it wasn't a Christmas conference) and Elder Falabella from the area presidency was there....it was fun!! We talked about what we need to do to get some more baptisms in, we basically did all the math and we need to have like 60 something new investigators for every baptism....pretty teeeenaz!!! I think if we use Light the World to our advantage we got this. He also passed the saw really hard to the Latinos about how they need to learn English......it's a command and they aren't gonna get anywhere in the church if they don't learn......it was pretty teeeenaz.

We also had an activity in the branch...it was a Christmas dinner and of course they made the missionaries sing and give testimonies about Christmas traditions. I talked about how all the youth in our ward go to temple square....there were a few Colombians that were pretty jealous about that hahahahahah

I was also asked randomly to give a talk in church......I made it a good year without having to do that so it was good!!! I talked about MISSIONARY WORK WOOOOOOAH and shared about how the ward always has the youth missionary activity and the one time Stockton Stocker and I went to a non member house....I basically told everyone that missionary work really isn't that hard (cause its not) and that we would love to go with everyone to visit their friends, family and neighbors!

We were also able to help a recent convert Sandra paint her house so that was a good time!!!

As for as transfers went.....they worked out!!! The last little bit of the week Elder Perez and Elder Padilla weren't really getting along. It was actually kinda funny Elder Perez kept getting annoyed cause Elder Padilla wanted to walk super fast all the time so he grabbed me, literally let Elder Padilla walk ahead of us and then he started contacting.....bahahahaha that didn't make Elder Padilla very happy!!! Anyways we got the transfer call annnnnnd I am STAYING here in Occidente with Elder Perez and I am staying as a DISTRICT LEADER!!! Soooo yeah I am not really sure how I feel about that.....not really sure if I am ready but I know the Lord trains who he calls so it will work out!!!! As we learn in the BOM "When you are in the service of your fellow being you are only in the service of your God" I really like that scripture and I think about it often........especially when things get rough!!!

Anyways sorry this letter was chichi (lately they have all been......maybe I will start writing my group letters by hand.....veremos!!) But I hope that you all know that I LOVE YOU!!! Can't wait to see you guys this week!

ELDER OLSEN
PS shout out goes to everyone that wrote me Christmas letters this week.....I loved those!!! 
Muchas Gracias Y Feliz Navidad!!!





 Mucho Trio



The Nativity in the Popayan Terminal 







Pizza with Elder Sarnowski and Elder Castro



 The Trio all ready for Zone Conference



Divisions and Salchipapas with Elder Echevarria










CHRISTMAS CHOIR 



#SomosGuapos 










 Painting Project














Playing around with my camera 



The trio with Brianna










 Transfer Predictions by Elder Perez



Transfer Predictions by Elder Carrion 



MUCHO TRIOOOO



With Daniel (recent Convert)



No comments:

Post a Comment