Monday, September 11, 2017

El Consolador (week 46)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS!!! So I just wanna start off this email by saying that we are at a different internet place than usual and our internet is kinda sucky....so yeah no pictures (well not all of them) :( but I will send them neeeeeeext week.

So this week was really good! We had scheduled appointments alllllllllll week long...we are busy busy buuuuusy, but it's good that way!! The time goes by a lot faster!! We have been able to find so many new people but its been a challenge because we ran out of copies of the Book of Mormon to give them....so yeah!!! We are doing somewhat well :)

We had a really fun ward activity and we talked about some scriptures and played games...it was fun!!! Not a bunch of attendance though :/ neeeeext time!!! We were also able to help some of the members out of their....I don't know farm? We basically just hoed down some fields for them, and it was super hot and the dirt was super hard buuuut I enjoyed it all of the priests were there and I told them I was from Pasto.....so yeah my new nickname is "gringo pastuso" I think it fits me veeeeeery well :) 

Our investagators are doing very well too......we had 3 dates for baptisms buuuut one of them didn't come to church soo now we have 2!! They are Fernanda and Daniel.....part of the Benitez family!! They are struggling with gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph smith....buuut Christian and Silivia have been working and reading with them so that's really good!!!

Our other fecha that we had is a girl named Luz Alba, her sister is a member and we committed her to be baptized on her first lesson and she accepted but now we have to change her date to the 30th....which is next transfer so we will see how that goes down!!!

We have interviews tomorrow and I am actually really looking forward to them!!! We had to memorize Doctrine and Convenents 31: 11 through 13 which says:

11 Sigue tu camino, doquier qusea mi voluntad, el  Consolador te indicará lo que has de hacer dónde has  de ir.
12 Ora siempre, para que no entres en tentación y pierdas  tu galardón.

13 Sé fiel hasta el fin y, he aquí, estoy contigoEstas palabras no son de hombre ni de hombres, sino mías, sí, de  Jesucristo, tu Redentor, por la voluntad del Padre. Amén.
(11 Go your way whither soever I will, and it shall be given you by the Comforter what you shall do and whither you shall go.
12 Pray always, lest you enter into temptation and lose your reward.
13 Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen.)

It was a little tough but I was able to get it down really quickly!!!
Buuuuut yeah I have been thinking about these words a lot lately!!! Because it's true....the Holy Ghost will help us if we are worthy and wiling to be taught!!! We just have to that....that's the hard part. sometimes I feel like I really am not able to listen but honestly if I look back I can see the spirit helping.....every step of the way!!!
Sorry this is short....this internet place is crap and we wont be coming here again xD but I will send all of the photos from this week that I took next week....deal?
Love and miss you all tonzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Olsen
 Picking mandarins with Hermana Silvia







Waiting for people to come to the branch activity....




....still waiting










Our service project




























 More of the service project




 My comp is a stud




We were literally in a rain forest so it was chill











Con mi cooooompey!!!



 Our P-day hike to the waterfalls







 Our hike




 With Elder Corbett and Elder Rodriguez



GRINGO CREW



ELDER RODRIGUEZ



 Elder Rojo (Elder Olsen) y Elder Corbata (Elder Corbett)







MUCHO LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment