Monday, December 12, 2016

First Week in the Field!!! (week 7)

HEEEEEEEEEYO!!!!!!

Sooooo my first week is donzo!!!! It was super long but looking back it went by fast......kinda!!! I am in an area called Ciudad Modelo...it´s a neighborhood of Cali!!! It´s super sketchy (totally almost got robbed but I am not gonna go into too much detail about that) My companion is Elder Chaiña....but I had a companion before that named Elder P!! He always had a headache cause he was stressed out from being district leader and stuff.....I have a feeling that I am going to like Chaiña better though!!! Elder P spoke English and was weird about rules and stuff. Ohhhhhh and my "favorite" part was because I am new and have not gotten money from the mission yet....I only have my personal money......Elder P didn´t budget and we never had money.....guess who got to pay for his taxi rides so he could be transferred DING DING DING!!!! (Garrett is obviously not bitter hahaha)

Buuuut yeah I have only taught like 2 lessons because Elder P was sick!!! But after we are done emailing today Elder Chaiña and I are going go teach so that is exciting!! Its been a hard and long week but I am trying my best to have a positive attitude about it......It´s hard!!!

But yeah the members seem really cool.....they made me speak in sacrament. I have a hard time remembering and understanding their names so wish me luck!!!!

Do me a favor? Help out the missionaries around you!!! Make them dinner or something because I know they are having a hard time too!!! 

Love you all!!!
Elder Olsen
(I'm adding some more tid-bits from emailing Elder Olsen back and forth today because his email was so short! So here's just some random stuff he sent me!)
Yeah I don´t think pictures are gonna be easy here hahahahaah the computers here stink!!! Nope no rain!!! It's super hot all the time.....the food is the same stuff but better quality and yeah I have a pensionista (that is a ward member who cooks them lunch everyday except Sunday).....good thing too cause we could have starved! (He said he was going to write more about almost starving in his "big" email,but he didn't)Today we had a bean and bacon type soup with some rice and plaintains. We have that a lot and it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment