Monday, February 6, 2017

Love One Another as Jesus Loves You (week 15)

Hello Family!!!

Okay first things first, nobody needs to worry about my obedience hahaha gotta love typos!! I meant to say that I need to worry about my obedience and ONLY my obedience. Nobody else's! Hahahaa ohhhh man. 

Also the hearing aid has been fixed!! I am sure you all spent a great time worrying about that,  but it was literally fixed an hour and a half after I wrote last week....so all is well.

This week was long, like really looooooong it lasted forever....I have some interesting stories though so that should be fun!! My first story happened right after I wrote last week......we were walking home and this guy came up to us and was like "I do not know what church you guys are from, but I just have a feeling that you guys can change my life." Soooo yeah we taught this guy the next day.....his name is Pasqual!! We did not even spend 5 minutes with Pasqual before he accepted a BAPTISM DATE!!! He is solid too....we have worked with him a ton in the last week he already has the first 2 lessons and the word of wisdom down.....and he came to church!! He has a lot of life problems though....I guess the people he lives with do not want him to live with them or something...and he has no job....it's rough. We had to buy him dinner one night because he had no money :( makes me sad!! Hopefully we can help him, he already has a lot of knowledge so hopefully he can keep progressing!! Blanca unfortunately did not come to church.....it's been hard to feel the spirit teaching her lately...I think its because A) The ward mission leader flirts with her like crazy and B) Her Grandaughter who is like Greg's age runs around their house doing everything she can to get our attention....and she does a VERRRRRY GOOD JOB!!!

It's hard for me to feel the spirit while teaching her but this week me and Elder Chaiña had a practice and I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelt the spirit like hard....haha I was trying so hard not to cry!! We were practicing for Blanca and were practicing lesson 3. Lesson 3 is all about the basic principles of the church which are faith in Jesus Christ......repentance....baptism....the gift of the Holy Ghost....and enduring to the end. When we got to the part about baptism I was talking about how special my baptism was me, and how cool it was that Ty got to be the one to do it. (When Garrett was eight he chose our older brother Ty to baptize him. Just for those who don't know who Ty is!) But I literally could not teach, I was trying so hard not to cry hahahaaha I just wish that could have happened during the real thing....Blanca is progressing but slowly.

Another fun story is one that just happened....the mouse of my computer stopped working so I had to switch....ohhh Colombia haha.

But another story I wanted to shared happened when we were teaching our barber friend Victor. People always come in and out of the shop so it's a great teaching opportunity for us....but this interesting guy came and put a tray of gum in front of my face (this is common....it's how people make money) and then in HOOOOORIBLE English he asked me for the time....but like his pronunciation was so bad I thought he was speaking Spanish. He got mad at me haha after that he asked us who we are and what we are doing...and Elder Chaiña explained all that and then this guy went a big rant to all the people in the shop about how the Mormon church only believes in the old testament (HELLO, the Book of Mormon DUUUUUH) and blah blah blah.....I did not really understand him but I understood the next part when the guy getting his haircut was asking him questions trying to figure out why he was acting so weird. I think he asked if he had a girlfriend and the guy replied "ohh noo I do not like girls....I am into men" bahahahahah I meet the most interesting people here that is for sure...I love it though :)

I would say my two biggest challenges so far on the mission are easily Spanish and loving the people....it's something that I need to work on. People here have such a different culture...and such different difficult lives. Luckily me and Elder Chaiña have been doing better but we are not perfect and both have things about each other that we don't like....which is fine!! I am learning to love others as I need to....love them regardless of any circumstance because that is the NEW commandment...love one another as Jesus loves you :) This weeks challenge is easy LOVE EVERYBODY....SERVE EVERYBODY.....BE THERE FOR EVERYBODY!! Not for any benefits but because you know that is what the Savior would do....we should always be trying to emulate his example :)

Sorry this week was boring and i have 0 pictures :(
LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!

Your fav,
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment