Monday, February 13, 2017

Faith is Action (week 16)

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYOOOO ¿WHATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NEW?
Hahahahhaha I would not be me if I did not have awesome introductions.

This week was another week!! I had my first zone conference so that was cool! The topic was how we can edify the church...I understood a bit, but not as much as I would have liked. I like anything to do with the zone though because it's a time for me to just talk to Elder Mcdermott, Elder Thomas, and Elder Tingey. Basically it's my "OMG PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY SPEAK ENGLISH" time hahaha But yeah we just listened to President and Hermana Pricoli....the assistants....had practices annnnnnnnnnnnd ate PIZZZZZZZZZZZZZA!!!!! NOM NOM NOM!! At the beginning Elder Mcdermott gave me my small package and in the middle of the conference Sister Pricoli called me up for my big package....I sat down and was looking at it when Elder Thomas was like "Elder Olsen look" he was pointing to where all the sisters were sitting and they were all looking at me with their pinkys up (it means they think I am rich hahahahahhaah) But yeah I love my blanket...Elder Zaugg has a pillowcase with the same fabric....I remember that because I wanted it!! My blanket is soooo rad...haha thanks Mom I love it!!!!

Some interesting things went down with Pasqual......basically we just need to teach a few more commandments and he will be down with all the pre baptism lessons!! BUUUUUUUUUUT he totally got kicked out of his house....Elder Chaiña let him sleep on our porch (I don't think that is allowed). Elder Chaiña stayed out there with him for a little while......he woke me up when he came back in and it was one in morning. I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MADDDD!!! He ended finding a house the next day, but he asked Elder Chaiña for money.....who asked me for money and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" It says right there in the mission manual that our money is sacred....I am totally down to help Pasqual find a job and be able to pay for his house himself though!!

Blanca is not progressing at all....we went over there and her daughter was like "my mom is not home" but her grandaughter was screaming "my grandmom is home....my grandmom is home" and like kids do not lie......so that is no bueno!! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT we found a new investigator on Saturday...her name is Allison she just stopped us and was like "hey what church are you guys from" so yeah we taught her a little bit about the Sabbath day cause she thinks it's Saturday xD But yeah she's 18 and has a ton of potential. We found her Saturday night and she came to church on Sunday morning, soooooooo yeah we are meeting with her tonight so I hope that goes well.

But yeah other than that nothing too interesting went down....Elder Mcdermott and Flores visited us one day...and I sat and ranted to Elder Mcdermott about how I cannot speak Spanish...he was telling me about how he struggles!!! He also told us that we have divisions this Wednesday! I AM STTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKED!!! Elder Chaiña is not cause he hates divisions, but I do. Elder Mcdermott told me forever ago that the next time we do divisions he is gonna teach me how to make mashed potatoes....so yeah can it be Wednesday yet?

Ohhhhh another interesting thing....do you guys remember how I wrote about Hermana Coronel wanting a tie....yeah well the sisters bought me and Elder Chaiña each a tie to wear to zone conferences.....it was kinda weird but I like my new fish tie xD

Buuuuut yeah I have been really struggling with understanding my new culture....people here are so different and have such difficult lives!! When I first got my patriarchal blessing it totally turned me off from a mission but now I see exactly why it says what it says......I do not know why Heavenly Father wants me to help them....but I do know he does!! It's hard....missions are soooo hard, like you think you know how hard it is before you leave, but you just do not!!! I am learning to trust my Heavenly Father.....through the good.......and the awful!! It is hard but it is so important for us to learn how to have a good relationship with him.....and to try to understand his plan for us! However, the way will not always be clear.....a big part of faith is action! He should not have to smack us with the Holy Ghost and answers all the time for us to act in faith. If you are trying to do what you think he would want for you at all times he will not lead you astray....I promise!! So that is this weeks challenge.....ACT!!! I wanna hear about how it goes....it's a little vague so be creative with it.....you caaaaaaaaaaaaan doooooooooooooooooo ittttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!

LOOOVE YOU TONS!!
ELDER OLSEN


This is the only picture I have!! Study sesh with the new blanket....and because I know I am gonna get questions about this, Gatorade is the same but with less flavoring so its not as good....and Cheese Tris are literally Cheetos...with less flavoring so they taste the same for a minute and they turn into corn puffs!!! We have Cheetos too (pronounced Cheh tos) but they are basically just cheese balls.....with less flavoring so they don't taste as good xD



(I'm mostly putting this on the blog so that I can have it to remember! And to toot my own horn because Garrett says I need a trophy. Oh, one more thing that I want to write down so I can remember! Dane and I find out the gender of our baby this week and so I told Garrett I was sorry that my letter was so full of baby stuff and he wrote back "Well the baby is kinda important....it's for sure a girl....calling it!" So there's his vote, we will see!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment