Monday, December 25, 2017

The REAL Reason for the Season (week 61)

HEEEEEEEEEY FAAAAAM!!!!! First Things First FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIZ NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAD!!! Hope you guys have a great day today!!!

Yesterday was good!! It was good to see you all and chat for a minute....we got really lucky because a bunch of the other Elders here had technical difficulties sooooooooooo thats good that we didn't hahahaha

This week was kinda insane with all the things that were going on!!! We had planned on going to an activity to sing and contact in the Parque Caldas (the center of the city) and so Elder Perez and I showed up and like two other companionship's when it started to POOOOOUR rain, soooo yeah we were stranded at the center of the city for a little bit....which wasn't fun!!! But we pushed it back for the next day!!! It was fun we sang while other missionaries contacted and then we would switch. We were able to get a lot done actually!!! A lot of members came too!! Some of the young women from other wards were KILLING it with contacting.....it was a fun time!!!

But other than that we are just doing the usual.....KILLING IT in our area!!! When we were in our trio Elder Perez and I ALWAYS wanted to go through and find our references and old investigators, but Elder Padilla would always say "no with my other companions we found them all, but none of them want anything to do with the church." Lol we have been finding and teaching some of them and we are actually doing very well, really though Elder Perez and I have just kinda agreed that we are opening an area because in our trio we went to the same 10 people for 3 weeks soooooooooo imma change that!!!

Other than that nothing else interesting really happened in my area.......BUUUUT I HAVE A COOL "HOW I WAS LIKE JESUS ON CHRISTMAS" story!! So today we were walking to the main street from the Morro trying to find a bus.....the bus costs $1600 so I was just casually counting my coins when I dropped one....so I bent down to pick it up and I just heard from across the street "FALTA DINERO POR AQUI" two sketchy homeless guys were looking at me with the "OMG HAY UN GRINGO RICO" face. It would have been easy to ignore them and continue on buuuuut I was thinking about Christmas and Light the World so I crossed the street and pulled two random coins to give them from out of my bag.......they had really big smiles :) This is what Christmas is all about....it's not about presents, or trees, or Santa Clause!! It's really about Jesus Christ and his example for us!!! So we do not have too much time left but imma extend a challenge that you guys can find a way to serve others TODAY!!!! Always remember it feels better to give rather than to receive!!! I love you all soooo much!

Well I gotta go....we are gonna spend Christmas night with the branch President and his family!!!! Buuuuut I love you all and hope you have the best day!!!

ELDER OLSEN


 Loooooove all these people







Chillin with Elder Carrion and Elder Lopez on Christmas Eve










 Feliz Navidad Familia!!!!


Chillin with the Bojorge Family on Christmas Eve











 Parque Caldas/El Centro during navidad





















 El Morro











No comments:

Post a Comment